The ATH-CKS1000..
Sep 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #556 of 582
Thanks to Dsnuts for the effort you put into this thread. The info you and others provided has been valuable.

Anyhow, my inability to decide between the cks1000 and IE80 led me to buy both (which I've shown in the embedded pic). Out of the box it wasn't even close--the IE80s were equal or better in every way, with the possible exception of bass punch. Other than the rich, controlled bass of the cks1000, i found that phone to be a total mess.

However, the audio technicas are rapidly improving on the higher end--much more clarity and overall quality (though there is certainly more sibilance than on the Sennheisers). As others have noted, i am quickly becoming a believer in the cks1000s. In fact, i find myself reaching for them as much as the IE80s. That bass is just soo satisying, yet cks1000s are far more than fart cannons at the other frequencies. If forced to choose, i would pick the Sennheisers. However, i am pleasantly surprised by what a close contest it is (and the cks1000 gets better by the listen).

Of course, i am a lowly, mouth-breathing hip hop afficianado with no graphs to support my thoughts, so take what i write with a grain of salt.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #558 of 582
Of course, i am a lowly, mouth-breathing hip hop afficianado with no graphs to support my thoughts, so take what i write with a grain of salt.

Lol! Yeah, the CKS1000's keep getting better - they have responded to long term burnin more than any other IEMs I've had. Now the high end has smoothed out considerably for me, and I find myself listening to them all of the time (after all of this time).

Talking about the bass... did he recommend jvc fx-850 already? If not, oh boy, let your wallet cry ^_^

It's only a matter of time until my wallet does it's related fx-850 (or ckr9) crying!

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #560 of 582
Can anyone compare these to the WS99?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/650449/the-new-ws99-ws77-pg-57/1710_30#post_10934152

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #561 of 582
These are amazing.At first i thought they were trash, now i burnt them about 20hrs and completely different than out of box.I wasn't thinking that burning them will change these completely.Don't judge these too early, they are getting better and better.

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #562 of 582
Recently picked up a brand new set of these for USD67 at a local discount store here in the Japanese countryside, and was initially a little disappointed with the midrange, but the more I listen the more I like! I am excited to see how these iems will develop as they are burnt in. Will update as the hours pile on.

May 4, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #563 of 582
  These are amazing.At first i thought they were trash, now i burnt them about 20hrs and completely different than out of box.I wasn't thinking that burning them will change these completely.Don't judge these too early, they are getting better and better.

They are pretty good for the price but I sold them since I like FXZ200's sound signature more. And plus, I got the CKR10. I got CKS1000 used so I never heard a new pair without burn in

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #564 of 582
Hi!

I'm not sure if this was already covered as I didn't look through every page, but I am looking to upgrade from the CKS99's and was looking into the CKS1000. 
But now I am not sure if this is a big jump in sound quality. Does anyone have any other recommendations for IEMS that "go the next step"?

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #566 of 582
After reading this entire thread, I just want to say, "THANK YOU!" Dsnuts, especially, really went lots of extra miles to keep it rolling along - and I'm especially impressed with his patience when responding to the same questions over and over again (from folks who hadn't read what had already been covered). Great work!

I also want to say, "My wallet hates all of you!" I'm ordering the ATH-CKS1000 today and planning to burn it in while listening to it for the next month. By then, I will have forgotten all about the pain of having all those dollars ripped from my grip and transferred to Amazon's vault.

Really looking forward to hearing these in action. Thanks again!

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #567 of 582
They just announced the CKS1100 yesterday with push-pull (isobaric) dual dynamic drivers (similar to the CKR9 and CKR10) and also detachable cables. Also nice to see AT switch to Sony-like hybrid tips. Makes you go grrr why they didn't have removable cables on the CKR series.

https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2768

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #568 of 582
  They just announced the CKS1100 yesterday with push-pull (isobaric) dual dynamic drivers (similar to the CKR9 and CKR10) and also detachable cables. Also nice to see AT switch to Sony-like hybrid tips. Makes you go grrr why they didn't have removable cables on the CKR series.

https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2768

INTERESTING

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #570 of 582
Just ordered a set of these from CDJapan website for £60 delivered.
Can anyone recommend a set of ear buds that i can buy in the UK ?
Also  can i run them in with my LG G3 phone ?
I plan to use these ear phones with my Sony NWZ F886.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back