The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Jun 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #1,801 of 1,921
Your late. Lol. Man there is so many new AT iems since these. I just ordered some of these.

CKS77X  some newly revised Solid bass. Will have a report on em on the discovery thread when I get em.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,802 of 1,921
Quote:
Your late. Lol. Man there is so many new AT iems since these. I just ordered some of these.

CKS77X  some newly revised Solid bass. Will have a report on em on the discovery thread when I get em.

The CKS77 are on my list but the CKM500 are cheaper so those are a higher priority.

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #1,805 of 1,921
I'm going to give the ATH-CKM500i a try and will purchase from ebay.  Is there much danger of this model being a fake like some of the other IEM's out there?  Are there any particular things I should look out for in the ebay listings?

I would love to have tried the newer ath-ckn50 or ath-cks77k, but I don't think either of those come in an iPhone model.

Thanks for the help!

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #1,807 of 1,921
Quote:
I'm going to give the ATH-CKM500i a try and will purchase from ebay.  Is there much danger of this model being a fake like some of the other IEM's out there?  Are there any particular things I should look out for in the ebay listings?

I would love to have tried the newer ath-ckn50 or ath-cks77k, but I don't think either of those come in an iPhone model.

Thanks for the help!

dont be so sure. the CKS55X has a 55Xversion

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #1,809 of 1,921
Quote:

Lol so I here I am deciding between the CKS77 and the CKM500 when I find out there's a CKS77X... not sure if they sound any different from the CKS77. Definitely digging the color options though. I saw that you ordered them recently so I'll be looking out for your first impressions! Hopefully then I can decide between the three. I love electronic music, but I also listen to other genres so I'm not sure if the bass will be too strong if I get the CKS77 over the CKM500. Such a tough decision 
size]

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #1,811 of 1,921
Oh I see. Just the new color options then. From what I've gathered in this thread I'll still be able to enjoy bass focused music while also having the ability to enjoy other types of music better with the CKM500 than the CKS77. How's the physical response to the CKM500 with regard to bass? Can you "feel" it as with headphones. I read that you can with the CKS77 for sure but haven't seem to have seen how the CKM500 does anywhere.

Quick edit...In the discovery thread several days ago you said the CKS77x was an improvement over the CKS77 lol
Btw how much/where did you get the white  CKS77x for? I've been seeing it around ~$100 at most places. Thought it might be a bit lower...cheapest I could find was the red pair at ~$90. Are those relatively normal prices or did you get yours for cheaper/more

Another edit...Okay they're at CDJapan for ~$80. Anyone ever have issues with purchasing from them?

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #1,812 of 1,921
Mine died all of a sudden, the left driver doesn't work anymore. Honestly they sound great, but I have no plans on buying a new pair as this pair didn't even last me a full year. The cable noise is horrendous, too.

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #1,813 of 1,921
Quote:
Oh I see. Just the new color options then. From what I've gathered in this thread I'll still be able to enjoy bass focused music while also having the ability to enjoy other types of music better with the CKM500 than the CKS77. How's the physical response to the CKM500 with regard to bass? Can you "feel" it as with headphones. I read that you can with the CKS77 for sure but haven't seem to have seen how the CKM500 does anywhere.

Quick edit...In the discovery thread several days ago you said the CKS77x was an improvement over the CKS77 lol
Btw how much/where did you get the white  CKS77x for? I've been seeing it around ~$100 at most places. Thought it might be a bit lower...cheapest I could find was the red pair at ~$90. Are those relatively normal prices or did you get yours for cheaper/more

Another edit...Okay they're at CDJapan for ~$80. Anyone ever have issues with purchasing from them?

nope. i got some items from them before, including one pair of CKM500, and everything went smooth. very good communication

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #1,814 of 1,921
Quote:
Mine died all of a sudden, the left driver doesn't work anymore. Honestly they sound great, but I have no plans on buying a new pair as this pair didn't even last me a full year. The cable noise is horrendous, too.

Oh man less than a year of use and it broke...Did you get some kind of warranty with Audio-Technica? Also do you think it's common for them to break so early or did you have a special situation? For something that costs a good amount I think they should be pretty durable :frowning2:

Quote:
nope. i got some items from them before, including one pair of CKM500, and everything went smooth. very good communication

Awesome good to know. What shipping option do you usually use? Are some of them trackable while others are not?

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,815 of 1,921
I am interested in getting these In-Ears and was wondering if these from ebay is the correct one. I want to get the white with silver version to match my HTC One which is silver as well.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-CKM500iS-WH-smartphone-ear-headphones-White-new-ateh141-/380654830822?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item58a0cbc4e6.  Currently I have AT ATH-AD700, while they do sound good, they are just too big to take out and light on the bass.  Hopefully these will be as good or better than what I have now.  Also, I listen to a wide range of genres and looking for something that will benefit anything from rock to pop and also be comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back