The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Jun 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #616 of 1,921
Quote:

Sorry, didn't see this. I'll check later tonight because my woman took my FX40. From memory, they sound FAR too familiar to have such a large price gap.

Okay thanks. If that's true, you're making me worry if it would be worth it to purchase the FXD80... Hmmm?

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #618 of 1,921
Finally they've been dispatched today, but I had paid them on monday.

Same here. I got them in blue...how about you?

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #619 of 1,921
The bass definitely tightens up with burn in, and everything has seemed to sound clearer over time as well. In the beginning there was something funky going on in the upper mid-range on certain songs, but it seems to have cleared up. I cant stop listening to these things, they are addicting.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #620 of 1,921
Quote:
The bass definitely tightens up with burn in, and everything has seemed to sound clearer over time as well. In the beginning there was something funky going on in the upper mid-range on certain songs, but it seems to have cleared up. I cant stop listening to these things, they are addicting.

That's quite the turn around for you Jason. I remembered when you first got them. I was worried you would be the first to throw out the red flag. Lol. Your more of a spokes person for these than I am. Glad you're enjoying them my friend..Man I have to admit these CKM500s turned out to be better and better as this thread has progressed..I know these aren't tops by any means but my goodness they sound great for everything I listen to. These have a permanent place in my collection that is for sure.

It seems that I was deemed worthy of getting a custom tag on my avatar. Admins could not have picked a better tag. Lol!

I got word that Danny is getting the CKM1000 soon so we all should get a good idea how those compare to these CKM500s. I am sure those are superior but they better be for costing almost X6 more.

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #621 of 1,921
Quote:

That's quite the turn around for you Jason. I remembered when you first got them. I was worried you would be the first to throw out the red flag. Lol. Your more of a spokes person for these than I am. Glad you're enjoying them my friend..Man I have to admit these CKM500s turned out to be better and better as this thread has progressed..I know these aren't tops by any means but my goodness they sound great for everything I listen to. These have a permanent place in my collection that is for sure.

It seems that I was deemed worthy of getting a custom tag on my avatar. Admins could not have picked a better tag. Lol!

I got word that Danny is getting the CKM1000 soon so we all should get a good idea how those compare to these CKM500s. I am sure those are superior but they better be for costing almost X6 more.

Yea, at first i wasnt so sure, But now i love them. I sold my SA6's and TMA-1's and now use these exclusively. Ive had much more expensive headphones than these CKM500's but these are my favorite headphone of all so far. I even like the sound of these more than i liked my HD650 with a HeadRoom desktop amp/dac. I was crazy about the HD650's at the time, but my tastes have changed. I know that may sound crazy, but its true. I am in love with the top end on these, ive never heard a headphone have such clear and extended treble. The mids are awesome too, and of course the bass.

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #623 of 1,921
OMG,  I just switched back to my ATH full size headphone, why did I purchase the CKM500, no time for them now!

I dont quite get it. What are you saying exactly?

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #624 of 1,921
I got my order in from cdjapan today. I used the air mail option, and it was shipped out on 5/27. Not too bad a wait. I got this, another iem and a set of headphones come in around the same time. Crazy times for me.

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #625 of 1,921
Sweet. Reading all these posts makes me so anxious for my delivery. Just shipped today!! I'M SO EXCITED.

One IEM crossed off my list, btw. Next are ASG-1.2s... one day. haha

To get back on topic, do you guys think these IEMs need/benefit from an AMP?

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #626 of 1,921
Quote:
Sweet. Reading all these posts makes me so anxious for my delivery. Just shipped today!! I'M SO EXCITED.
One IEM crossed off my list, btw. Next are ASG-1.2s... one day. haha
To get back on topic, do you guys think these IEMs need/benefit from an AMP?

They sound great with or without fairly efficient earphones and they sound full out of the box on whatever source you got. With an amp it just expands the sound but I am completely happy just throwing these on my Clip, Cell phone, Sony daps, laptops, desktops, home stereo.. They sound great on all of it actually..All AT earphones are very efficient the CKS77 being the most efficient over any earphones I have but these come close.

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #627 of 1,921
Quote:
Same here. I got them in blue...how about you?

Flaming RED
ksc75smile.gif
Btw, I'm happy to hear that they sound at least as good as the hd650, BUT with more sparkle in the high. As I've already mentioned, I had the audeze lcd-2, which are practically an improved 650, and I didn't like them because they were too warm.

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #628 of 1,921
just got the ckm500is, a version with mic and analogue volume control for smartphones. I'm using it with sony xperia p phone. the sound is very good. sounds crisp in the highs and mids. bass is well controlled. not analytical by any means, but detailed enough to not miss anything that should be inside the music.

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #629 of 1,921
I use mine on my LG Optimus and it sounds great.  It makes me want to get one of those i versions. Lol. I like your take on them that pretty much sums up how these sound..Earphone that does everything right even better on your cell phones. I have never wanted to get the i versions of anything but these I do. Might have to get the silver i versions..

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #630 of 1,921
Mine are still in Bloody UK Bloody Customs...are this rate, I'll be to old to enjoy them....so means I'm gonna be done for VAT...and will take another week minimum...and I bet they have let 30Kg of Grade A Super Skunk from Morocco just drift on by....whilst sitting there going 'Doh! what's these'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back