The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
May 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #421 of 1,921
Thanks for the comparo Eric. I bet there was many a guys that wanted to know the differences in the 2..Mr. FlySweep orderd 2 days ago..These should take off soon if they haven't already. lol..

May 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #422 of 1,921
No problem Dsnuts. The CKM500 and FXT90 sound signatures sound nothing alike - I probably should have made that clearer. The AT has much much thicker sound (and the sound is especially thick in the mids). 

May 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #423 of 1,921
It is refreshing coming from AT..I love it. Music has weight and depth so many other earphones are missing. Live recordings are unreal on these is all I can say..Somehow I think FlySweep is gonna like. Lol! He was telling me once that he considered the mids to be the most important for him. So he is all about them sexy mids. Lol.

May 25, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #424 of 1,921
Quote:
It is refreshing coming from AT..I love it. Music has weight and depth so many other earphones are missing. Live recordings are unreal on these is all I can say..

beerchug.gif

May 25, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #425 of 1,921
It is refreshing coming from AT..I love it. Music has weight and depth so many other earphones are missing. Live recordings are unreal on these is all I can say..Somehow I think FlySweep is gonna like. Lol! He was telling me once that he considered the mids to be the most important for him. So he is all about them sexy mids. Lol.

wink_face.gif

Indeed.  The soundstage depth these appear to possess will have some formidable competition from my Silver Bullet.. gonna be fun A/Bing these two phones.  And I'm quite critical of the midrange cause it's where a lot of sounds and instruments originate.  So if the mids aren't right.. no level of treble & bass articulation is gonna fix the timbre and realism of notes.

May 26, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #426 of 1,921
Interesting IEMs. Thank you all for your impressions.
It would be awesome if someone can post a comparison between these CKM500, the DBA 02/Brainwavz B2 and the new MEElec A161P.

I may be asking too much. :p But these currently are in the same price range. Brainwavz B2 are on sale for $110 (on pre order though). The MEElec A161P also looks promising.

May 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #429 of 1,921
I got mine today.  Took three days once shipped from Japan to US.  I was shocked it arrived today.  I grabbed the white version with iPhone controls so mine came at the standard length w/o the extension.  It's very light and I'm not sure but the whole housing seems plastic.  I cannot tell if the silver part is metal or plastic.  It's very light and comfortable to wear.  The cable is thick and seems sturdy.  Came with a pouch and S,M and L tips with a set of mediums already on them.  As for the sound, I'm immediately hooked.  Three things that I notice is the deepness of the stage, powerful low bass notes and very smooth vocals.  Very, very lush.  The music just pulls you into a gravitational pull.  These are way more bassy than I imagined but not in a bad way for me.  I also ordered the CKS77 because I like these so much.  Really glad I stumbled upon this thread and ordered these.  Thanks Dsnuts and the other reviewers for bringing me onto these.  

May 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #430 of 1,921
Cheers Danny enjoy the new hotness.. Give them a good work out and I am sure these will grow on you even more so. I am not gonna lie when I say these are my favorite earphones..Though I find it interesting that you are ordering an older less refined version of these CKM500s in the CKM77s..

Just my opinion but I would consider returning the CKM77s as they will not sound as refined as these. You definitely got the more superior earphone of the 2 no doubt.

Oh wait the CKS77? Lol! The bassy ones. Ya that's different. Very musical and big bass.. Those are worth having for the big sound different sound signature and will compliment these CKM500s. If you thought the CKM500 had big bass. Oh man. Lol!

May 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #431 of 1,921
Quote:
Cheers Danny enjoy the new hotness.. Give them a good work out and I am sure these will grow on you even more so. I am not gonna lie when I say these are my favorite earphones..Though I find it interesting that you are ordering an older less refined version of these CKM500s in the CKM77s..

Just my opinion but I would consider returning the CKM77s as they will not sound as refined as these. You definitely got the more superior earphone of the 2 no doubt.

I meant the CKS77's if that differs your opinion.  Either way, I don't mind trying out different gear so I'll gladly try them out.  It seems you make excellent recommendations so I don't think I'll go wrong with these either.  Cheers bud and thanks for your reviews.  

May 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #432 of 1,921
Quote:

I meant the CKS77's if that differs your opinion.  Either way, I don't mind trying out different gear so I'll gladly try them out.  It seems you make excellent recommendations so I don't think I'll go wrong with these either.  Cheers bud and thanks for your reviews.  

Well now you gotta understand not everyone is gonna like the CKS77s. Think monster earphones on crack and you got a good idea..Big full wide sound with room filling bass. Those literally sound like a 2.1 in your ears..I listen to all different types of music so my bassy ones goes to the CKS77 but like you have just discovered the CKM500 does have good bass. I would burn them in as the sound polishes up..

Lol.If you think the sound is deep on these CKM500s. Wait till you hear the CKS77s.. Those would be the more musical version of these.

May 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #433 of 1,921
Quote:
Well now you gotta understand not everyone is gonna like the CKS77s. Think monster earphones on crack and you got a good idea..Big full wide sound with room filling bass. Those literally sound like a 2.1 in your ears..I listen to all different types of music so my bassy ones goes to the CKS77 but like you have just discovered the CKM500 does have good bass. I would burn them in as the sound polishes up..

That sounds like something I could enjoy.  I'll report back when these are burnt in a bit and when I get the CKS77's.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back