The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Jun 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #781 of 1,921
They don't these are much smaller than ear bud size The CKM300 have even smaller drivers so they should be even more comfy. Even though the CKM500 has some bigger 12.5mm drivers the housing is streamlined and smooth. Very comfy for normal to larger ears and I am willing to bet even smaller ears while you will certainly know it is there, should have no issues.

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #783 of 1,921
Ya those should be fine. Try them out.

You know the more I think about it. I think I am gonna have to get me a pair of CKM300s. The initial impressions of them is they have a very similar sound to the CKM500s. I wouldn't be surprised if those have a great sound as well.  Will report back if I get them.

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #784 of 1,921
Quote:
Ya those should be fine. Try them out.

You know the more I think about it. I think I am gonna have to get me a pair of CKM300s. The initial impressions of them is they have a very similar sound to the CKM500s. I wouldn't be surprised if those have a great sound as well.  Will report back if I get them.

DO SO! 
and thanks a lot for the pics! i may became a AT fan too

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #787 of 1,921
I am thinking CDjapan will be cheaper but probably not by much so I might have to try those out. I just got the JVC HA-FX3X and the new JVC HA-FXD80 so I have to chill with how many earphones I have been getting. It is getting to a dumb level. Too many iems and not enough ears to hear all of them.

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #788 of 1,921
So I put them in today and they felt really shouty and annoying to listen to. I wasn't sure why so I tried switching back and forth between my MMDTs. I figured out that I've just been putting it way too loud... I think they have less impedance than the MMDTs, but I put them at the same volume, so its tooooo looooud. I put it down and it sounds better again! Phew.

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #789 of 1,921
For the record, CDJapan is a great company to do business with: After finding out they carried the i version, I e-mailed them to exchange my ckm500 for ckm500i and pay the difference. Even though they are based in Japan, within minutes they replied saying the change to my order was made and they even applied the 300 cdjapan points you get for opening an account with them since I hadn't used them in my original purchase.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #790 of 1,921
OK, I just purchased the iphone version. The price was pretty good from CDJapan and I thought what the heck. I just hope I don't regret the decision...

Anyway, the damage is done. If these don't float my boat (and even if they do) I am selling a whack of stuff and just living with which ever IEM I like the best until I see something higher end that looks to be in line with what I want (Heck I may start saving and wait until the IE800 are released and see how they are reviewed!!! NOT LIKELY! but you just never know 
biggrin.gif
, if they manage to make them like a mini HD800 I may bite LOL)

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #791 of 1,921
That's awesome dweaver I look forward to hear what you have to say about them. Considering you are the man responsible for me getting the HP700 a while ago which I still enjoy by the way.  I think it is only full circle the you get an earphone that I am recommending..Hope they meet your needs. Those Sennheiser IE800s are interesting for sure. I look forward to read impressions of those myself. I might have to do the same and get rid of a lot of stuff to get one of those. Unfortunately new design and innovation means one thing or two, an arm and maybe a leg.

Now that I think about it. I think I am going to skip on the CKM300 and put that money towards one of those. Will cover the pouch at least.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #793 of 1,921
After lurking HF for months, especially this thread, I decided to purchase CKM500 from cdjapan. My current iem is BA100, it took a while before I enjoy BA100 smoothness and sold my MC5 because I like the BA100 sound. But this wowed me out of the box. Totally different beast. Bass is big out of the box, but tamed after 8 hour burn in. Treble is crisp but I have to put it down sometime while I can listen to BA100 for longer period. Will the treble become more refined after a while? Is there a specific way of burning in the treble?

I bought them from cdjapan for 70USD shipped to Jakarta, no custom. It took them 7 days to processed the order but only took them 2 days to shipped them via EMS. Overall I'm pleased with them.

I would like to thanks Dsnuts and others for this gem. Keep finding them !!
Cheers!

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #795 of 1,921
Quote:
After lurking HF for months, especially this thread, I decided to purchase CKM500 from cdjapan. My current iem is BA100, it took a while before I enjoy BA100 smoothness and sold my MC5 because I like the BA100 sound. But this wowed me out of the box. Totally different beast. Bass is big out of the box, but tamed after 8 hour burn in. Treble is crisp but I have to put it down sometime while I can listen to BA100 for longer period. Will the treble become more refined after a while? Is there a specific way of burning in the treble?

I bought them from cdjapan for 70USD shipped to Jakarta, no custom. It took them 7 days to processed the order but only took them 2 days to shipped them via EMS. Overall I'm pleased with them.

I would like to thanks Dsnuts and others for this gem. Keep finding them !!
Cheers!

Ya you are no where near finished with burn in. My method while not scientific by any means works fantastic. I have a dedicated burn in station. It consists of a laptop loaded with the most bass and drum heavy tracks I own. In particular Drum n Bass music which taxes them drivers like no other type of music out there. I have a 5 hour DnB compilation on a loop that just pounds them drivers into submission. On fairly loud volumes I just let it rip. We are talking around 7 to 8 out of 10 max volume wise so fairly loud..Not full blasting either but fairly loud.. After hours of this any earphone or headphone for that matter loosens up nice. This is from another thread but you can use this link as well. http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/ Try it out works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back