The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Feb 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #856 of 1,323
Aha lol! Sorry . Yes the CKS55 should be similar but not as refined as the CKS77. I did some translated reviews online and those are getting some fan fare from Japan. I would try them out. Give us a report on how they are. I don't plan on getting a pair for myself but yes if you can grab a pair and you like bassy earphones, give them a go.. I am interested in your take on them once you get them.

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #858 of 1,323
hah, dsnuts i choosed the same cks77 only black .
there is written that it is actualy cks77s, maybe that s stands for short or split, thats why it has extension cable. i also throw in comply t400 for $5 and fake ie80.

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #859 of 1,323
Lol There is a fake Ie80 there too? Well the Chinese aren't afraid to make copies. SO what did that cost you total.? If those are 100% original that is gonna be a very good deal.

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #860 of 1,323
on the Japanese audio technica website cks77s have an extension cable. That site is very tempting since I kinda dig the full red of the ltd edition. Too bad we can't get it off amazon.co.jp since these iems are cheap on there. Lol groupbuy to the states like how there was a groupbuy for the monoprices to europe?

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #861 of 1,323
@aspenx. If I didn't recently buy a new ASG-1 that hasen't been shipped I have to be honest. I can see me pulling the trigger on a CKM99. They seem to have mostly positive reviews from Japanese web sites..I wonder just how much of an upgrade if at all they will be over the CKM77s. The amount of detailed sound the CKM77s throw out is just astounding.. One review that did get my attention was translated from a spanish site some guy reviewed them in depth and translated pretty well with google translate.

I love how music has a roomy sound on the CKS77s and that is what he is saying about the CKM99s that with a combination of wide stage and has a thickness that engulf your hearing..Hmm more refined version of the CKM77s. It will only be a matter of time before I get one. I want one. 

@bryyando if you are talking about that link that I posted earlier. That is based out of China. More than likely Hong Kong. If I was Joe who lives in Hong Kong I would go hog wild on some AT earphones there. I think those are origionals but maybe factory refurbs. Which if that is the case as long as the sound is the same.. They will ship out those CKS77s to anywhere around the world and it will still be cheaper than buying a retailed box one not even half price.. I eagerly await ivrhs results with that method of getting them CKS77s. Might have to try that myself as they have a CKM99 for $80 bux or so. Lol! I only wish.

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #862 of 1,323

Quote:
hah, dsnuts i choosed the same cks77 only black .
there is written that it is actualy cks77s, maybe that s stands for short or split, thats why it has extension cable. i also throw in comply t400 for $5 and fake ie80.

It's up to you friend, if you can prove that site as a nice audio heaven place, I hope dsnuts will pull the trigger! Because I will...oh yes...the first target are htose nice 35-40 dollared cks77, THEN CKM99 BABY!!! A refined ckm77...I'm scared on how great it'll sound, probably more ear piercing, brilliant!

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #863 of 1,323
Well I have my doubts but I have a feeling those are factory rejects. These CKS77s much like every other iem I own are all made from China..Even if these were just minor imperfections that caused them to not be packed in box. As long as they sound like what I am hearing. That site isn't even charging half price on one. We will see.

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #864 of 1,323

Quote:
Well I have my doubts but I have a feeling those are factory rejects. These CKS77s much like every other iem I own are all made from China..Even if these were just minor imperfections that caused them to not be packed in box. As long as they sound like what I am hearing. That site isn't even charging half price on one. We will see.

I do have that feeling as well, but my anxiousness is throwing that off my radar, hahahaha. I sure hope they are real but if not, looks like saving money for a ckm99 will be needed, and the cks77 as well, DEFINATELY. I want to hear a wider soundstage than ckm77s and I want it right away...

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #865 of 1,323
The only thing that kinda worries me about the CKM99s. Their sound signature is supposed to be exactly like the CKM77s. Maybe with even more lively highs and bigger bass is my thought. But again that is just speculation on my part this is why I must hear one. What would suck is if the CKM77s turn out to be the better of the 2..

The big question for me is. Why did AT end the production of the CKM99s.? The 14mm drivers in them are being used for their top end CKM1000. I can see them using the same drivers but with better tweeks to the sound for the CKM1000s. I would love to just hear them for 10 minutes. But my money was spent on the recent FOTY the Ausrosonic ASG-1. Once I have the ASG-1s and see what all the fuss is about with them and once the dust settles maybe I will grab me a CKM99. Now if these ASG-1s clearly leave everything else I have behind then I won't bother getting a CKM99. I think that might end my Audio Technica earphone journey.  That remains to be seen.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #867 of 1,323
that ie80 costs the same as cks77. i have bought lot of stuff from them
superlux hd668b-$40
ipod touch 2 32gb refurb-$139
soundmagic es18+3 sets of foams $25
teclast x19hd-$35
some tabletpcs and other stuff.
prices is including all fees and shipping.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #868 of 1,323

Quote:
Well you gotta understand one thing about Joker. He also has a sound preference and his scores are based off of his preference. While he does a great job with all of his reviews. It comes down to what you prefer in your sound. What I described in the CKS77 is what I am hearing. The reason why there is not much about these CKS77s are 2 fold. For one the older CKS70 were reviewed here at headfi and was shoveled under the rug of sorts because there was nothing to too fantastic about them..Those were the prototypes for these CKS77s. The reason why these were at ATs booth at CES was they did a fantastic job with them which brings me to another point these are relatively new there is not much written about them at all. The only info I found was a bunch of translated google reviews from Japanese Amazon and one advertisement that says these newer CKS77s are clearly better than the previous high end CKS90s. I believe this to be true as well. I was considering getting a CKS90s but I have a feeling these CKS77s are actually better than those. I have no idea just how they can actually improve upon these CKS77s to be honest for this type of sound.

While I don't have as much experience with earphones like joker does, I go for earphones with sound signatures I prefer. I know bassy iems and I have yet to hear a bassy iem quite like the CKS77s..These are simply a higher end bassy iem to the likes I have never heard before..So ultimately if you like how I described the sound of the CKS77.. I would try one. I will not recommend a dud to a fellow heafier. As far as accessory Jack. That is a solid price and a good place to buy them..They are authorized AT dealers and have a solid reseller rating. I know many a headfiers that have bought stuff from there with no issues. Good luck and let others know on my CKM50 thread about them once you get them. People need to hear these. These are just too good for others not to hear.

Quoted you from the other thread.

I agree with the sound preference. I've taken in advice without considering what people's tastes are e.g People say the koss ksc75's are probably the best bang for the buck and sound amazing, but I only found out a few days ago that they sound amazing compared to iBuds. Anything can sound better than iBuds so for me the credit it gets it's kinda blown out of propotion. Same with the soundmagic E10's as I have mentioned before. It's reviewed to have lots of bass and impact but for me it just doesn't. I have a feeling that if I were to try "bass monsters" like the HD650, or the ath-m50 I would be very unimpressed. I'm not a basshead, I just like songs with energy in all area's.

Seeing as how your preferences are more in line with mines I can probably take give your opinions more weight when I make my decisions. Also I've noticed you own a headphone shop! Talk about getting a job you love 
tongue.gif

What kinds of phones do you have access to? I'm looking for a full sized pair for music, gaming and watching anime.

Back on the topic of the cks77. The price is the clincher for me. No point in spending more since I'm noob audiophile and spending anymore will result in wasted money until I learn what I'm paying for. I'll order the cks77 tomorrow and post a review when I getting. In the meantime....Anybody Interested in around a month old pair of Soundmagic E10's? 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #869 of 1,323
Just to be on the safe side, I will not buy the ckm99s even when cheap as I have a feeling I'll LOVE the ASG-1s, time to save up as I love hearing live characteristics in recordings.

Feb 29, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #870 of 1,323

Quote:
Quoted you from the other thread.

I agree with the sound preference. I've taken in advice without considering what people's tastes are e.g People say the koss ksc75's are probably the best bang for the buck and sound amazing, but I only found out a few days ago that they sound amazing compared to iBuds. Anything can sound better than iBuds so for me the credit it gets it's kinda blown out of propotion. Same with the soundmagic E10's as I have mentioned before. It's reviewed to have lots of bass and impact but for me it just doesn't. I have a feeling that if I were to try "bass monsters" like the HD650, or the ath-m50 I would be very unimpressed. I'm not a basshead, I just like songs with energy in all area's.

Seeing as how your preferences are more in line with mines I can probably take give your opinions more weight when I make my decisions. Also I've noticed you own a headphone shop! Talk about getting a job you love 
tongue.gif

What kinds of phones do you have access to? I'm looking for a full sized pair for music, gaming and watching anime.

Back on the topic of the cks77. The price is the clincher for me. No point in spending more since I'm noob audiophile and spending anymore will result in wasted money until I learn what I'm paying for. I'll order the cks77 tomorrow and post a review when I getting. In the meantime....Anybody Interested in around a month old pair of Soundmagic E10's? 
ksc75smile.gif

Hey glad to have you try them out. See now I have a soundmagic earphone myself the PL30s. While they are ok I wouldn't consider them anything special.. They sound like many of the other intro level earphones I have heard in fact I would take my cheaper Mp8320 over them to be completely honest. Sometimes you get what you pay for and in this case these CKS77s are a solid value and you will understand why I like these so much..Hope these don't let you down.

Quote:
Just to be on the safe side, I will not buy the ckm99s even when cheap as I have a feeling I'll LOVE the ASG-1s, time to save up as I love hearing live characteristics in recordings.

For almost the same cost of the CKM99s you can get a ASG-1.  I can't wait to try one myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back