The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Jan 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #166 of 1,323
The impact of bass notes hits like a sub woofer. The mids full and vibrant. The highs lovely detailed as ever with just a bit more stage. More CKM50 sounds..Sweet baby jesus.. These are off the CHAIN!

You get to listen to what I listen to you know why? Cuz it's my thread!

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #167 of 1,323
Sometimes it's extremely difficult to believe you. Part of it is your exuberance, and part of it is your style of posting. When you post the way you would speak in casual conversation makes it difficult for me to take you seriously.

I trust in ATH, so I'm biting, but I figured I'd let you know what I think about your posts. :p You've got a large following, so from I can tell you're not a snake peddling oil, but it's still difficult for me to take you seriously.

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #168 of 1,323
Lol! Ya I am different. I suppose this is how I am. Anyone that has followed me through my threads will know this just happens to be my style so I do apologize for being different.

2 Things that stuck in my mind when I joined this community. 1 The need for great sounding budget stuff that has not been discovered yet. 2. Kinda boring threads..I express how I feel though the music I listen to..I know many of you guys are used to the traditional way of presentation and reviews and such. But that just ain't me. I like to just tell it like it is and how I feel about a product.. No snake in the oil. This is just who I am.

You don't have to take me seriously. Just take the stuff I represent seriously. I don't even take myself seriously so you certainly don't have to.

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #169 of 1,323
When I'm looking for a new product, I usually prefer to read informed, objective reviews. I also like to read reviews that do not mention anything about burn in because Head-Fi's understanding of the phenomena is completely false, and even more hilarious when they refuse to listen to objective, scientific tests debunking their beliefs.

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #170 of 1,323
Well, after you'd dethroned TT as THE supposed IEM king under $100, could you tell me how much worse is it compared to CKM50? I live in Europe and, while I strongly prefer the AT's sound signature (I have ATH-M50), I can't take the advantage of the current Amazon sale - the total price incl. the cheapest shipping option plus taxes would be about  $90 for me. OTOH, Isurus can be easily bought from European eBay and Amazon vendors for $30 shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol! Ya I am different. I suppose this is how I am. Anyone that has followed me through my threads will know this just happens to be my style so I do apologize for being different.

2 Things that stuck in my mind when I joined this community. 1 The need for great sounding budget stuff that has not been discovered yet. 2. Kinda boring threads..I express how I feel though the music I listen to..I know many of you guys are used to the traditional way of presentation and reviews and such. But that just ain't me. I like to just tell it like it is and how I feel about a product.. No snake in the oil. This is just who I am.

You don't have to take me seriously. Just take the stuff I represent seriously. I don't even take myself seriously so you certainly don't have to.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #171 of 1,323
I have the pleasure of listening to my isurus for over a year and they are still a great value and does EDM and bass heavy tunes just awesome. If you can get a hold of one I say try them out. They are completely worth the money.. It is true these CKM50s are and upgrade to the sounds on them but the isurus can hold their own when it comes to your music. Plus I know the world wide availability of these CKM50s are going to be spotty at best.

I do know there are newer AT phones that you can probably purchase.. If you can hold off a bit maybe a week. I will reveal the new CKM phones to this thread.. I will tell you which ones to get and do my best to inform everyone of their sounds and how they compare to the CKM50. You never know the CKM55 or even the CKM33 could be just the same if not better than what I am hearing now and I am certain these newer AT phones can be bought world wide.. That is if you want to hold off for a week or so everyone will know including myself soon enough.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #172 of 1,323
ATH-m50 is not indicative of ATH's typical sound signature.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #173 of 1,323

Quote:
When I'm looking for a new product, I usually prefer to read informed, objective reviews. I also like to read reviews that do not mention anything about burn in because Head-Fi's understanding of the phenomena is completely false, and even more hilarious when they refuse to listen to objective, scientific tests debunking their beliefs.

Then I do believe that you have come to the wrong thread, there's nothing objective to be found here, it's purely subjective impressions and speculations.

I do believe Dsnuts is good at finding some decent IEM's at a very low price. I don't share the same sound preference as he does and we listen too different music genre's. But I can agree with him on one important factor, that most of the IEM's he has presented do IMO perform in a higher range than their price and that's more than good enough for me.

I do burn-in all my IEM's/headphones, whether no improvement to be found is a scientific fact or not, I still continue to believe so, but maybe I am just very gullible and so be it!  As I understand, discussing the effects of burn-in etc. belongs in a different forum.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #174 of 1,323
Dsnuts,

Thank you for the response. Of course, there's no rush, and I actually already have too many phones (a half of them not in use) to buy another pair (instead of new music), but a new analitical/balanced IEM under $30 would be nice as a secondary/spare set, esp. if it does both rock and classical pretty well. Looking forward to your further AT investigations.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #175 of 1,323

Quote:

I love the fact that I essentially debunked your debunking of burn in in another thread, yet you come back here with your nonsense. Accept that other people have opinions. Do not try to place yourself on a self-righteous pedestal just because you haven't experienced the phe phenomenon. This is a forum for all different people and opinions. The debate on burn in has raged as long as this forum has been about, and both parties have agreed to disagree. We respect that you don't believe in burn in, now return the favor

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #176 of 1,323
I saw CKM50 at the Perth airport's newsagent yesterday for $50, wanted to buy it but thought I check out headfi first, should've done it from my iphone and could've bought the IEM right there and then
gs1000.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #177 of 1,323
It would be a pity to see anyone especially someone that has identified so many gems get in trouble for breaking rules.

3. Why was a person banned?

We DO NOT discuss the terms of individual bans with third parties. They are ONLY discussed among Head-Fi Staff (Moderators and Administrators) and the person being banned. We will not answer questions about why someone was banned. This is a private process and our policy is not to hold up individuals to ridicule and abuse. Nor do we publicly discuss moderation as a topic on the forums. Previous experience has shown that such discussion is unproductive.

Publicizing what someone did would distract from the purpose of Head-Fi, which is to have meaningful discussions about audio gear and other topics that come up in the Member's Lounge. If we discussed the reasons for bans, arguments would break out and it would also necessitate posting material that is against our rules. Not to mention, any posts a person made that resulted in them being banned will likely have been removed.

It's fine to be curious about what happened to someone, but please understand why it is private.

Source

Quote:
Was curious..Someone let me know later. Anyhow don't know if you guys got this message earlier but

I am listening to my CKM50s with my Sony player with the E11! Ya so lets amplify the fantastic synergy of the CKM50!. Will wait for others to start getting their new found gems in the mail..Thanks for putting up with my gushing about these. I am sure you all are tired of it already. Lol!!

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #178 of 1,323
So you guys are saying you believe in something that has proven to be false? That's just silly.

Also as an fyi, its actually called break in. You're using the terminology wrong :)

I do have respect for dsnuts for finding the equipment that fell through the cracks, so I frequently lurk his threads. I may not favor the way he posts, but he's got quite a following, and I have respect for ATH, so I bit.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #179 of 1,323

Quote:
So you guys are saying you believe in something that has proven to be false? That's just silly.
Also as an fyi, its actually called break in. You're using the terminology wrong
smily_headphones1.gif

I do have respect for dsnuts for finding the equipment that fell through the cracks, so I frequently lurk his threads. I may not favor the way he posts, but he's got quite a following, and I have respect for ATH, so I bit.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

You're absolutely right, it is a silly discussion. Now, bring the matter up in the forum named "Sound Science" where this discussion belongs and post your opinions there and I'm sure that you will have the open minded roundabout you are looking for
blink.gif

Now, let's get back to the CKM50 and continue on what people's subjective impression are on these
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #180 of 1,323
Well fellas we all came here to headfi to discover and that to me is the most important aspect of what I do and what these threads should be all about. Xander got the right to believe what he believes works best for him as much as any one of you guys. So with that I say lets keep the peace and discover together this lost gem among iems that was given to us by some genius Japanese sound engineers. Granted 4 years later but it is time my friends to rediscover Audio Technica and their mastery of the stereophonic sound..

@germanturkey. You know what, the more I think about it yes there are similarities in the sound signatures.. The precise AT highs the smooth mids and the beefy bass. What does that remind you of. But to be honest if I had to choose between my CKM50 and an M50..

I would grab my CKM50.. No recessed mids and wider stage than the M50. To me I think the sound quality of these CKM50s are more to my liking. On my E11. It just throws the sound from these into overdrive. Just awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back