THE ATH-A1000 and ATH-W1000 will be shipped out on the 28 NOV. JAPAN time
Dec 3, 2002 at 3:34 AM Post #61 of 96
Quote:

If you buy the ATH-A1000 at the new price I will send you the 40.00 check so you will feel better about the price. And have the opportunity to own these great cans.

Count me in on that deal as well.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #62 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Uncledan
I just cant help it. What is this responsible review stuff. What are we all collage graduates. We say how we feel and that is good enough. IF you want to be responsible get married. We can't make nobody do nothing that they don't want to do. This is crap. What are you little kids being led off the Cliff? We buy stuff and post on it and being responsible is bull. We do the best we can. What are you MR. right. Be careful and say it all very right or your bad. I like my enthusiasm and have all my life and have enjoyed my life. Now I need to be careful because mindless people might be led astray or need to have it said right in their opinion. Who are you to tell any one about how they should post or think or do things their way. Is it to much for your minds. I do what I do and try to be polite but piss me off and lets get down. Who of you are so smart that they can tell other members how to think or how to post or get to know your headphones before you post. What should we do go steady for a while and then kiss. Our first impressions are important to us and if we are wrong so what. We at least I ant going to be put down by no member who thinks he or she knows better. If I am to much for you than see a shrink.

This all seems rather unkind and out of character for you, LTUCCI.

Many moons ago, when I first got my W2002s I rushed to post my first impressions of them. I hated the damned things. Forty hours later (and ever after) I sang their praises. First impressions of even the finest gear is sometimes subject to radical change. Today, I'm actually slightly embarrassed by my initial comments on the ATs and feel that they undermined the credibility of my later, more accurate and considered views.

Check your own record in this regard. Your recent, apparently ill considered raves about another AT model enticed some here to order them. Before some even received them you had already changed your mind, dissed them and sold yours for the next "one true headphone" du jour.

I don't mean to be nasty, but it's impossible to broach this subject without appearing so. Actually, I find your unbridled enthusiams among the more amusing things on Head-Fi and look forward to deciphering your posts.
smily_headphones1.gif

Spad

Dec 3, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #63 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
OK...

I thought the K501s had the most expansive sound-stage I'd ever heard: NOT ANYMORE! These suckers throw an immense ss and the imaging/detail retrieval is pretty amazing.

Roger that on the detail retrieval (with my W2002). Soundstaging was not as expansive as with my K501s though, or rather the 501 has too much air around instruments and between layers of sound for my present taste.

Dec 3, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #64 of 96
Quote:

Your recent, apparently ill considered raves about another AT model enticed some here to order them. Before some even received them you had already changed your mind, dissed them and sold yours for the next "one true headphone" du jour.

I'm not sure his raves can be considered "ill considered." LT would probably still be singing the praises of the AT100ti if the A1000 wasn't released. I don't recall him ever dissing the A100ti at all. I believe he said that the A1000 was much better, but better doesn't mean that the 100ti is bad at all. People who get the Sennheiser HD600 say it is better than the HD580, but those people don't say the HD580 is bad because they found something better. I'm pretty sure that LT didn't say anything bad about the 100ti.

Dec 3, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #65 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
I'm not sure his raves can be considered "ill considered." LT would probably still be singing the praises of the AT100ti if the A1000 wasn't released. I don't recall him ever dissing the A100ti at all. I believe he said that the A1000 was much better, but better doesn't mean that the 100ti is bad at all. People who get the Sennheiser HD600 say it is better than the HD580, but those people don't say the HD580 is bad because they found something better. I'm pretty sure that LT didn't say anything bad about the 100ti.

It appears that LT is moving too fast for even his apologists to keep up. I was speaking of the ATH-EM7s, radrd.
tongue.gif

BTW, I don't mean to disparage him, I just don't like his (or anyone else's) attack on other, equally well intentioned members such as UncleDan. I see he apologized, so apparently he also thought he was at least slightly out of line.

Spad

Dec 3, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #66 of 96
Quote:

It appears that LT is moving too fast for even his apologists to keep up. I was speaking of the ATH-EM7s, radrd.

Well shut my mouth. Next time I try to defend someone, I'd better make sure that I research their headphone history.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 5:03 AM Post #67 of 96
I for one am extremely thankful for Lou's exhuberent and outgoing raves of these products. His reviews portray one quality most don't: a sincere and total enrapture with his cans!! Far too often a review says how good something is, but is totally emotionless in doing so. Lou is just Lou, emotions, enthusiasm and adjectives fly from this guy. This is a good thing, but like all things is must be taken along with the opinions of others.

As to being responsible for influencing other to make purchases of these products, how many people have complained that Lou influenced their decision and that they are mad that he did so?? So far maybe one with respect to the EM-7 ear cans. How many have made purchases based on his impressions and couldn't afford to do so or were spending beyond their means? Why are we making such an issue out of this guys' posts when he is doing nothing irresponsible, harmful to others, or in any way wrong??? I personally don't get it.
confused.gif

I for one have benefited greatly by his praise and enthusiasm for these AT products. I was looking to replace my Senn 600s with something else, and was seconds away from buying a new A100Ti, when the server went down for maintenance. THE NEXT DAY I found out that the new ATs were coming, so I waited and ordered a pair. The fact that I did so was not a blind purchase because of what one person, Lou, said, it is because others have said the same thing about AT's products and reputation, I was in the market, and made the decision to go with an expensive set of AT cans based on all this knowledge. I can see thru the enthusiasm of his posts, but I also see something there that caught my interest: his impressions are genuine and spontaneous. I just wish that everyone was as satisfied with their purchases and could be so happy!! I hope to be as happy as Lou, and count on being so once I open that box from Audio Cubes next week!!!

As to others reviews of a new set of cans from right out of the box and then later on, these reviews are generally from slightly negative to horrible, but only AFTER hours of break-in do they say how good they are. RickG, OldPa, and Lou have said how good these cans are RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!! One for the A1000, one for the W1000. As a former owner of some Senn 600s and Sony V6s I can say that this is something special indeed. Most cans I read about need days of break-in to sound their best, and these don't!! My new Sony's were harsh and unlistenable out of the box!

RickG - we don't always need a super uber comprehensive review with all the big words and adjectives that don't always accurately portray what you are hearing. How many times have you we heard the word airy, open, extended, bassy, and made the wrong conclusion about what the person was saying?? Far too often!! Someone who just says what they hear, and does it like you do is a good compliment to those who write more analytical reviews. Keep up the good work as I for one get quite a bit from your posts and wish to encourage you to continue doing so the way you feel comfortable and so many of us like!!!!

Dec 3, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #69 of 96
Quote:

Spad
HI: The ATH-A100ti are great cans and I would still have them if not that in 2 weeks later the ATH-A1000 came out. After reading about them I sold the A100ti and ordered the A1000 because I felt that they would be much better than the already great A100ti. And as it turned out The A1000 are a big upgrade to the A100ti. But if you had the A100ti you would still have a great headphone.

I'm sure the A100s are great and the A1000s are almost certain to be better, LT. Many members have purchased them and only a few really disliked them.

I was speaking of the EM-7, not the A100. As I said, I enjoyed your posts on them and other AT offerings. After all, I'm an AT owner and fan myself.

Get some sleep tonight, willya?
tongue.gif

Spad

Dec 3, 2002 at 6:03 AM Post #70 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I for one am extremely thankful for Lou's exhuberent and outgoing raves of these products. His reviews portray one quality most don't: a sincere and total enrapture with his cans!!

Yep, I gathered this from reading your posts, Brother SinE.

Sorta like LT with a spell checker.
tongue.gif

Spad

Dec 3, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #71 of 96
Quote:

Spad
HI: The ATH-A100ti are great cans and I would still have them if not that in 2 weeks later the ATH-A1000 came out. After reading about them I sold the A100ti and ordered the A1000 because I felt that they would be much better than the already great A100ti. And as it turned out The A1000 are a big upgrade to the A100ti. But if you had the A100ti you would still have a great headphone. Sorry about the em7 at first they sounded great but after a while I realized that there was no bass after I put on my koss-35. The em7 were much clearer but not musical but it took a little time to realize this after living with them. I sold them for 50.00. I am still using the koss-35 till the senn. PX100 and PX200 come out.

Your English has come a long way Lou.

Dec 3, 2002 at 9:36 AM Post #72 of 96
Quote:

RickG - we don't always need a super uber comprehensive review with all the big words and adjectives that don't always accurately portray what you are hearing. How many times have you we heard the word airy, open, extended, bassy, and made the wrong conclusion about what the person was saying?? Far too often!! Someone who just says what they hear, and does it like you do is a good compliment to those who write more analytical reviews. Keep up the good work as I for one get quite a bit from your posts and wish to encourage you to continue doing so the way you feel comfortable and so many of us like!!!!

amen doug. i am highly anticipating your impressions with the EMP rick, please keep up posted of that!!!

Dec 3, 2002 at 9:56 AM Post #73 of 96
Quote:

Seriously, I don't think that they will sell out of the A1000s for more like two years. There are 3000 availiable, and there just isn't that high a demand for AT stuff that isn't available in the US. Seems we're probably the largest market for these cans in the US!!! Scary thought!!!!

Don't stores in Japan sell 'em too? I know they won't just be FLYING off the shelves but I could see 'em all gone in under a year... BUT there's always fun things for sale here on the forums!

Dec 3, 2002 at 11:30 AM Post #75 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
....However, later on I'll take them upstairs to listen with my EarMax Pro. Actually, I bought these phones to use with the EMP in my bedroom system.

RickG, I had the exact same thought when i first saw the W1000. I thought to myself, I bet theyd sound realll good with the EMP and they are so beautiful! just gorgeous.. we EMP owners have an eye for aesthetics too
wink.gif

so tell me, Tell me it aint so. my wallet cant take another hit and there's still xmas shopping to be done..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back