THE ATH-A1000 and ATH-W1000 will be shipped out on the 28 NOV. JAPAN time
Dec 2, 2002 at 10:41 PM Post #46 of 96
Drats, I wish I was back in San Jose so I could get these today. It appears that it takes longer than 3 days to get from SF to SD.

You must do comparisons with your many headphones!

Dec 2, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #47 of 96
Rick: take your time listening to the cans. Although I'm sure many of us are anxious for the review, there's no point in writing review without fully understanding your new phones.

Dec 3, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #48 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Actually, after reading as much as I have about the big wooden ATs, I sort of expected a somewhat bass shy headphone. That is not the case. The overall tonal balance is striking (although somewhat forward).

[size=small]WOOHOO[/size]

Quote:

I thought the K501s had the most expansive sound-stage I'd ever heard: NOT ANYMORE! These suckers throw an immense ss and the imaging/detail retrieval is pretty amazing.

[size=small] DOUBLE WOOHOO!![/size]

Quote:

I'm trying to find something that I don't like, but haven't had any luck so far (gimme time). The build is superb: wood grain and finish is beautiful.

[size=small]YOU KNOW!![/size]

Quote:

The split headband (New Wing Support) is quite unusual looking but works like a charm. They are extremely comfortable.

[size=small]NNNIIIICCCEEEEE!![/size]

Quote:

I'll post a few more comments after further listening, however, I will say that the W1000s sound much better right outa the box than I expected them to.
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=small]Man, am I looking forward to that box waiting for me in CA when I get back next Wednesday!!! Thanks for the initial comments Rick, keep em coming!![/size]

Dec 3, 2002 at 12:45 AM Post #49 of 96
andrzejpw, I agree with what you said. Some ppl just review the cans without any understand of their cans, a misleading review will make people to invest money on wrong cans. I hope ppl can make responsible review.

Dec 3, 2002 at 1:17 AM Post #51 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Rick: take your time listening to the cans. Although I'm sure many of us are anxious for the review, there's no point in writing review without fully understanding your new phones.

LOL, andrzejpw and I do appreciate your concern (sincerely). However, if you check my history, you'll find that I don't write reviews. I'd rather listen than write and I feel that guys like Kelly, Jude, MacDEF, and KurtW (to name a few) are much better equipped in linguistics and written observations to accomplish this task.

I am first and foremost a musician and while I know what sounds good to me, I don't have the finesse or the desire to express verbally what I hear or feel when listening to music. This is why when you guys ask for impressions- I give just that...a few of my impressions on a particular set of phones or an amp, etc.

Come hell or highwater...I'll throw out a few observations occasionally!

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 1:40 AM Post #52 of 96
LTUCCI1924, your reaction is just surprise me, I have no idea why you will react like this and even mad on what I wrote. Since I am not target on you or any other hi-fi member. If you don't like what I wrote on my previous post, I feel sorry about it.

Dec 3, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #54 of 96
Cool down Lou. raving is absolutely fine. its up to the reader to decide how much he wants to believe your words. Seriously, if I was your age, I'd be absolutely delighted if I could live with such enthusiasm and passion for life! even at my "tender" age..I often find that missing
frown.gif

OT: yeah, you must've made a HECK of a salesman!
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #55 of 96
LTUCCI1924, just take it easy, this forum is a place for us to relex after work/school and share what they feel, that is why I enjoy to read what people write about their review. You know, it is pretty hard to find someone who "fall in love" of headphone, at least all my other friend don't.
wink.gif
My friend think I am a crazy guy who will spend few hundreds on a pair of headphone. But ALL other Hi-Fier understand why I will doing so, this place is just like a heaven for me.

As I remember, my first post on this forum was "Can someone explain to me what is HD600".
rolleyes.gif
I hope everyone can learn some knowledge about headphone on this forum. Anyway, I glad to hear that you love the AT-A1000, you are just one of the lucky guy who buy this headphone with low price (before audiocubes rise their price). This makes me mad!!!
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 2:57 AM Post #56 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
I just cant help it. What is this responsible review stuff. What are we all collage graduates. We say how we feel and that is good enough. IF you want to be responsible get married. We can't make nobody do nothing that they don't want to do. This is crap. What are you little kids being led off the Cliff? We buy stuff and post on it and being responsible is bull. We do the best we can.

Lou, the thing is, you can help it. And you do have a responsibility to the community. Lots of members take your advice very seriously, whether you want them to or not. For most of us, a $300 expenditure is a huge responsibility, especially for something based solely upon your enthusiasm. I'm not saying that it's your fault if someone buys something you recommend and ends up not liking it. But sometimes it sounds like you say things just for the sake of drawing attention to yourself. Maybe I'm missing something, but rarely have I ever felt the things you have said about headphones, even from the most exotic, expensive systems.

You do have a responsibility because others believe you to be a responsible person. People who are not familiar with your outgoing personality who are fairly new to the site might not realize that you react to everything new in this manner.

Dec 3, 2002 at 3:23 AM Post #60 of 96
: Quote:

If you buy the ATH-A1000 at the new price I will send you the 40.00 check so you will feel better about the price. And have the opportunity to own these great cans.

WooW, that is a great deal!!!!! I will think about it tonight.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back