1. Re-tag files using mp3Tag Pro
2. Launch iriver Plus 4
3. Drag and drop files to the player
4. From iriver plus 4 using the menu update the device database

Rgds,
Markku

PS. All music in flac format

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #17 of 69
Yeah Mhuusko, I'm getting close to that myself, even though I'll have to buy a cheap PC to do it :wink:

Sam, They didn't come up immediately, but yeah, ONLY the (bought) flac files finally showed album art.
So, do you know is it a complete impossibility for AIFF (which most of my music is in) & DSF/D to show album art??

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #19 of 69
Yeah, I'm beginning to resign myself to this... as long as I can at least get the tracks in order, I can live with no album art, especially when it's going to be in my pocket/bag most of the time anyway
dt880smile.png

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #20 of 69
I have the same issue where the artwork doesn't make it over sometimes. It's a little buggy but really like the sound quality thus don't let it bother me.

Download a JPEG of the art. Open your songs in Tag. Delete the old art. Add the JPEG. Works every time.
Most programs support png and other formats. The AK120 doesn't. Also make sure your art is smaller than 500x500 pixels. You can resize and save as JPEG in Preview.

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #21 of 69
Album art only seems to work with flac files.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #22 of 69
  Hi, Thanks for all the informative postings above. I've done all that has been mentioned about getting album art on, but still nothing is working, even when it shows on 'tag', I've reduced the size, etc. Tried on a number of different files too, mp3, AIFF, DSD.. All don't seem to work! Any other suggestions?  (And while it hasn't been mentioned by anyone yet, if ANYONE knows about how to get Japanese characters to show properly also, that would be great :)

I have the AK100 - but as far as the FW  is concerned the issues should be similar.
If I am not wrong the cover art has to be named "cover.jpg"  (not *.jpeg") and has to be stored inside the folder where the Music is saved. 
Hope that helps

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #23 of 69
Hi,

I gave up getting my AK120 to work with my mac :frowning2:

Using iriver Plus 4 on a windows PC with following workflow:

1. Re-tag files using mp3Tag Pro
2. Launch iriver Plus 4
3. Drag and drop files to the player
4. From iriver plus 4 using the menu update the device database

Rgds,
Markku

PS. All music in flac format

You should be able to fill the music on you AK120 with a MAC.
Just drag and drop the files (in your MACs FINDER) on the AK120 or its SDXC Cards and it should copy them. After You separated the connection to ALL installed cards and the AK120 you can do a manual database scan in the UI of the AK120. You can also set it to automatically do the Scan.
For Re tagging You could also use MusicBrainz (Freeware) which actually works pretty well. (MP3Tag is more comfortable though)

Nov 23, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #25 of 69
Bump.

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #27 of 69
I don't think you can. It would be fun to try to write something. Let me know if you can get a PC user to share a playlist file..

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #29 of 69
I repeated my request for a playlist file in the main AK120 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back