The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring 3G, 4G, 5G and nano 1G!
Mar 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #2,971 of 3,220
I get this from Fiio

Dear Duy Dang ,

Thanks for your mail and support to FiiO!

Kindly inform you that, our amps E17, E12 and E11 have no ability to block DC offset from being amped.

We think if you connect your mod ipod to E11, E17 or E12, you will face the risk of damaging amplifier and your headphone. We don't suggest to do so.

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us!
Have a nice day! ^_^

Best Regards,
FiiO Customer Service

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #2,972 of 3,220
Hmm, that's odd. Never had a problem with my iMod and E17 with no caps.

On the other hand, here is my setup lately due to the long drives.

jatameja.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #2,973 of 3,220
Actually I'm confused too. I think may be the DC offset is not existed the output but maybe the Fiio customer service does not recommend for some dc offset existed in the input. If the DC offset is too large, maybe the amp cannot block the DC offset and make harm on the amp or the headphone.

Finally I will order Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII amp. It seems to be a great amp and it offers opamp rolling ability, which is very interesting.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #2,974 of 3,220
Hi all
i have nawbie question 
all is in that ilustration (this link)
i know whats parts i must desolder from logic board, but i dont now one thing
Caps is polar. have negative and positive side and where is + and - on the logic board of my ipod
Thanks for all response and sory for my bad english xD

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #2,976 of 3,220
  Hi all
i have nawbie question 
all is in that ilustration (this link)
i know whats parts i must desolder from logic board, but i dont now one thing
Caps is polar. have negative and positive side and where is + and - on the logic board of my ipod
Thanks for all response and sory for my bad english xD

what place of ipod is psoitive and what place is negative
when i want solder the caps i need taht info xD
thanks for all response

Hi There,
Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet. 
biggrin.gif

The positive (longer) lead goes to the DAC, negative to the output. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #2,977 of 3,220
Working on the 5.5 G
I lifted the caps on one of the Zcaps spot. I was wondering what Pin outs on the Wolfson Dac these two connect to.
I have seen a sloppy picture of the dac with 2 wires connected, but I can't tell wich pins to connect to.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #2,978 of 3,220
Working on the 5.5 G
I lifted the caps on one of the Zcaps spot. I was wondering what Pin outs on the Wolfson Dac these two connect to.
I have seen a sloppy picture of the dac with 2 wires connected, but I can't tell wich pins to connect to.

Here's a download link to the WM8758 data sheet. See page 4 for a pin out. If I recall, it's LOUT2 and ROUT2. I don't have an iPod board in front of me, but I'm preeeeety sure that's correct. Verify with a multimeter though. I'll double check and update this post shortly

http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/documents/uploads/data_sheets/en/WM8758B_1.pdf

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #2,982 of 3,220
5.5g DiyMod.
I might have made a mistake while soldering, and I also crossed the left and right channels.
I was going to ask. There is sound in the Headphone out, but it seems the Line Out Drive is not producing any sound. Are these two connected to the mod as the same line? Do they differ after or before the modifications?

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #2,983 of 3,220
5.5g DiyMod.
I might have made a mistake while soldering, and I also crossed the left and right channels.
I was going to ask. There is sound in the Headphone out, but it seems the Line Out Drive is not producing any sound. Are these two connected to the mod as the same line? Do they differ after or before the modifications?

The mod should only affect the line out. So if you've got no sound from the line out, something related to the modification is messed up. The sound from the headphone jack is not changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back