The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring 3G, 4G, 5G and nano 1G!
Feb 27, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #2,941 of 3,220
That's really strange, and I have no idea what's happening there. But you may play around with the battery and/or headphone jack, and those are the only things which may but not supposed to cause the issue. I could be wrong.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #2,942 of 3,220
yub, so strangle because all cover i 've tried, i both put off the hp jack+hold button module and it still worked normal with the original one. So i think those are not the problem. 

Every time i take off my IPV back cover and make reset MENU+SELECT, it do not work and throw out that error message. The same happen when replacing with thick cover.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,944 of 3,220
I th
yub, so strangle because all cover i 've tried, i both put off the hp jack+hold button module and it still worked normal with the original one. So i think those are not the problem. 

Every time i take off my IPV back cover and make reset MENU+SELECT, it do not work and throw out that error message. The same happen when replacing with thick cover.

I think there are some 'safety' contacts from apple that flag a problem if they are missing.
Im not sure but you could google about it. (Apple firmware does some checks at boot)

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #2,945 of 3,220
Hello everyone. I have finished my diyMod. I removed the 2 Z caps near the DAC and soldered the wires there. I then soldered the other side of the wires on the 2 small circle pads below the 2 tiny capacitors. I didn't removed the 2 tiny capacitors. Is that OK? If I remove the 2 tiny capcitors near the dock is that going to make a difference with the sound?

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #2,946 of 3,220
hi all.
i'm sorry if i'm wrong room for my question. but please answer my question because i need some help.

i'm still confused with DIY Lod with capacitor. in other room has people DIY Lod with resistor but still have an error.
so my question is:
- If i just DIY Lod with capacitor without resistor, configuration (lod to usb), can i use this for my iPod 4G, iPhone 4S, and iPod classis in my cars headunit or my dac without probelem?  or i must resistor. cause sometimes i will use the Lod with my iPhone 4s to in car.
- How to mod Lod with capasitor but i still can use lod for my iPod 4G, my iPod classic and my iPhone 4s. i want diy 2 kind of Lod. 1. lod to 3,5 stereo and lod to usb male. can anyone give me explain how to modding the pin of lod with capasitor and resistor?

thank you and forgive me if i have wrong written.

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #2,947 of 3,220
  hi all.
i'm sorry if i'm wrong room for my question. but please answer my question because i need some help.

i'm still confused with DIY Lod with capacitor. in other room has people DIY Lod with resistor but still have an error.
so my question is:
- If i just DIY Lod with capacitor without resistor, configuration (lod to usb), can i use this for my iPod 4G, iPhone 4S, and iPod classis in my cars headunit or my dac without probelem?  or i must resistor. cause sometimes i will use the Lod with my iPhone 4s to in car.
- How to mod Lod with capasitor but i still can use lod for my iPod 4G, my iPod classic and my iPhone 4s. i want diy 2 kind of Lod. 1. lod to 3,5 stereo and lod to usb male. can anyone give me explain how to modding the pin of lod with capasitor and resistor?

thank you and forgive me if i have wrong written.

Why don't get a FiiO LOD if you need one that can be used with the iPhone 4s? I don't see the benefit of making one yourself for that application.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #2,948 of 3,220
  Why don't get a FiiO LOD if you need one that can be used with the iPhone 4s? I don't see the benefit of making one yourself for that application.

i think i can't enjoy the fiiO LOD cause is's factory made in. i need Lod modding for my gadget. when i was mobile i just need my iPhone 4s to enjoy the music with dac, it's make me simple stuff.
but when i was home or in my apartment i'm using my iPod 4G and My Ipod classic. so that's why i need to DIY LOD. but i getting some confused about resistor and capacitor, i just one modding by my self.
can someone explain me.
thank you.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #2,949 of 3,220
  i think i can't enjoy the fiiO LOD cause is's factory made in. i need LOD modding for my gadget. when i was mobile i just need my iPhone 4S to enjoy the music with dac, it's make me simple stuff.
but when i was home or in my apartment i'm using my iPod 4G and My Ipod classic. so thats why i need to diy LOD. but i getting some confused abaout resistor and capasitor.
can give me some explanation?
thank you.

I am not the best guy to help you with this topic, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can jump in and help you.

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #2,950 of 3,220
Hello! after doing some research, I found that FiiO E11 removes DC offset so, I made DC measurement on the FiiO E11 output after removing caps and I found: 0.00mV while the input had 1mV (left) 1.2mV(right).  I removed LOD caps completely and I'm enjoying full quality ( I can notice the difference).

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #2,951 of 3,220
  Hello! after doing some research, I found that FiiO E11 removes DC offset so, I made DC measurement on the FiiO E11 output after removing caps and I found: 0.00mV while the input had 1mV (left) 1.2mV(right).  I removed LOD caps completely and I'm enjoying full quality ( I can notice the difference).

Where did you find that information? I wonder of it would be the same for the E7 and E17.

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #2,952 of 3,220
I googled it and I found a review where they said it has circuit that removes DC offset. I then did measurement (using multi-meter) of DC on iPod output and compare it to amp output (which read 0 mV). I concluded it's safe to remove the caps
for E7 and E17 you can try the same (I can't do that for you because I don't have them for measurement)

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #2,953 of 3,220
I googled it and I found a review where they said it has circuit that removes DC offset. I then did measurement (using multi-meter) of DC on iPod output and compare it to amp output (which read 0 mV). I concluded it's safe to remove the caps
for E7 and E17 you can try the same (I can't do that for you because I don't have them for measurement)
If this thread had a list of amps that are known to do this I think it would be extremely helpful!

I'll have to let my girlfriend know that the e11 does this cause she has one and a ipod video

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #2,955 of 3,220
I have an E17 and iMod, and I use a standard Fiio LOD, no caps and it works fine.

On another note. With an iMod or DIYmod, can I charge it off a wall charger? Been charging it on my laptop but want to. I know if I can plug it straight into the wall. Anyone have an answer? My iMod doesn't have internal caps.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back