The Apache....
Jun 14, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #46 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've been looking for a balanced amp for months now. if the intro price is still available, i'm going for it (Ray, where are you). I mean, debt is so underrated.

Damn you lucky *&^%!~!

Jun 14, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #47 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn you lucky *&^%!~!

when i told my wallet of the idea, it said the same thing, except without the "lucky" part.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #48 of 511
Quote:

i've been looking for a balanced amp for months now. if the intro price is still available, i'm going for it (Ray, where are you). I mean, debt is so underrated.

You are in, I put you down for an Apache at intro price. Hopefully this will make you happy.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #50 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are in, I put you down for an Apache at intro price. Hopefully this will make you happy.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

sounds good. let me know through pm or here in this thread what the total is and how payment should be made and also what the timeframe is for delivery. it's not a small sum, but i know the amp will sound fantastic and be of the highest quality. hopefully this will be my last amp purchase for many years.

time to sell some more stuff.
icon10.gif

PS Ray, I also sent you a pm.

Jun 14, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #51 of 511
Quote:

sounds good. let me know through pm or here in this thread what the total is and how payment should be made and also what the timeframe is for delivery. it's not a small sum, but i know the amp will sound fantastic and be of the highest quality. hopefully this will be my last amp purchase for many years.

time to sell some more stuff.
icon10.gif

PS Ray, I also sent you a pm.

Heh, good to know you've decided to go ahead with the Apache, I was beginning to wonder which balanced amp you were going to end up picking.
wink.gif
You will not be disappointed.

Great to see so many people signed up for the Apache already, I'm looking forward to more impressions!

Jun 14, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #52 of 511
Ive been thinking about, researching, agonizing over, and exploring various balanced amp options for a while, including a custom made one from a well known manufacturer, which fell through. In the end, my options were either something entry level, which I felt I ultimately would be dissatisfied with, or something relatively expensive. Among the amps in the latter category, the Apache seemed like it offered the most for the money. Further, every time I have had the chance to see/listen to one of Ray's amps, either at a meet or elsewhere, I have always been thoroughly impressed by its sound and build quality. I feel it will be money well spent and hope the amp will be the centerpiece of my audio system for years to come.

Now, is my source good enough . . .

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #54 of 511
Quote:

I PM'd Ray too. I have been debating my next move between the Apache and the GS-X, but really didn't have the cash until now. I really want the Apache, but found it hard to pry the extra $1200 from my wallet. If the intro is still available (please
tongue.gif
) I'm in.

Famous last words: I'm pretty sure the Apache would qualify as the best amp I'll ever need.

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #55 of 511
I've been in the "race-list" for an Apache in the past days, but now I decided to get...a B-52. I'm quite sure it will be a great purchase, and my Grados are going to be very happy with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #56 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been in the "race-list" for an Apache in the past days, but now I decided to get...a B-52. I'm quite sure it will be a great purchase, and my Grados are going to be very happy with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats! Let us know how it sounds.

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #57 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

woah. that's pretty intense. quite a step up in the cost area, but there can be no greater combo than tubes and balanced. this is certainly not in the cards for me. i will have to "settle" for an Apache, which suits me just fine.
icon10.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #58 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfusion770 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I PM'd Ray too. I have been debating my next move between the Apache and the GS-X, but really didn't have the cash until now. I really want the Apache, but found it hard to pry the extra $1200 from my wallet. If the intro is still available (please
tongue.gif
) I'm in.

Famous last words: I'm pretty sure the Apache would qualify as the best amp I'll ever need.

I think out of all the options currently out there, the Apache at the intro price is the best move. at least, that was my conclusion.

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #59 of 511
Quote:

I think out of all the options currently out there, the Apache at the intro price is the best move. at least, that was my conclusion.

same here
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back