The Apache....
May 22, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The power supply is designed to serve both worlds of powers, 110-120VAC and the 220-240VAC.

Does this mean that the unit is available in 110-120V or 230-240V or does it mean that the power supply is capable of operating under both voltages without any separate configuration?

Looking at the pics I'd guess the former, but I just wanted to make sure as I know the pics are of a prototype.

Thanks Ray.

May 22, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #18 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's beautiful. nice job. can't wait to hear it ...

You have no idea how good this thing sounds. I tried it out with some of my best demo material.

In short, my demo material has NEVER sounded so good. This has got to be one the best pre-amps/headphone amps I have ever heard. I heard a lot of the amps at the meet and this one impressed me the most in terms of sound quality and build. Plus, I know that RSA provides amazing customer service. You simply can't go wrong with this.

May 22, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #19 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have no idea how good this thing sounds. I tried it out with some of my best demo material.

In short, my demo material has NEVER sounded so good. This has got to be one the best pre-amps/headphone amps I have ever heard. I heard a lot of the amps at the meet and this one impressed me the most in terms of sound quality and build. Plus, I know that RSA provides amazing customer service. You simply can't go wrong with this.

X2

My experience with the Apache at the National Meet was simply incredible. It was my first chance to listen to a balanced setup using Ray's HD600's, which was quite impressive to say the least. I was also blown away by its single ended performance too, through Jahn's Darth Grados.

May 22, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #20 of 511
Looks impressive, impeccable workmanship as always Ray.
wink.gif

LFF/rlanger - I have some idea how good it sounds, unless you are saying it blows away other balanced amplifiers... which would be a pretty strong statement.

May 23, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #22 of 511
May 24, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #23 of 511
Fantastic work Ray! The Apache awed me too at the meet but my funds are limited right now
frown.gif
Hopefully I can pick one up sometime soon.

btw - if anyone runs some balanced GS1000's on this thing please do post impressions or PM me with your thoughts!

May 30, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #26 of 511
I already posted this in the Amp forum, but in case this should be lost...

I'm wondering if the big price difference between the Apache and the B-52 is just due to the different amp typology (tube vs solid state), or if the B-52 simply does have something that makes it objectively better, or "higher end". Any hints?

I must say I'm very tempted by that tube monster, but as I'm in the intro-price range for the Apache, the choice isn't that obvious. The B-52 intro-promotion isn't here anymore, eheh

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #27 of 511
Hi friends....
There are 10 limited production, clear/white chassis, just like the ones in the B-52 thread, avaialable to those who would like to have other than black anodized Apache. These chassis are offered at no extra charge.

Those who have e-mailed us regarding the Apache headphone amp/pre-amp, please get in touch with me either by phone, e-mail or pm regarding the payment.

All Apache's will be shipped via fed-ex, whether being in the US or outside CONUS. Those who are out of US please e-mail me your shipping address to find out the shipping fee. Please call me or pm me to arrange the payment method.

Remember we will honor first commers according to the date we recieved the orders. But we will ship to those who will make the payment first.

Thanks. If you have any question please do call me at 847-673-8739.

Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #30 of 511
You got an email from me...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back