The Antelope Zodiac / Zodiac + / Zodiac Gold DAC Thread
Feb 27, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #481 of 529
What is wrong with adding some third party equipment? I purchased a Teddy Pardo psu for the Zodiac+ instead of a Voltikus because it was an interesting and also cheaper alternative...

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #482 of 529
RubenV, and who said that something was wrong ? 
smile_phones.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #483 of 529
Nevermind...I was interested in the DIY alternative clock for the 10M atomic clock...

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #484 of 529
~Can anyone tell me the flow direction of power Input line Protection Fuse on both hot and neutral. I understand normally fuse are bi-direction so no need to care about the power flow direction. But I like to up-grade to hifi tunning Supreme Fuse it should be install under power flow direction to get the best result. Thanks for everyone

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #486 of 529
  Hello guys. I'm about to purchase Zodiac +. 
Do you guys think it sounds better than OPPO HA-1? 
Does it work better than HA-1? 
I'm buying this for reference purpose.
Thanks!

If you get the chance, listen before you buy.

Zodiac+ is a fairly old DAC now, it would have a good sound, I've heard  the Antelope. But with HA-1 you also get a very powerful amplifier as well as bluetooth support.

It's a hard decision on this one, myself at this point, I'd suggest you go the HA-1 route....

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #487 of 529

If you get the chance, listen before you buy.

Zodiac+ is a fairly old DAC now, it would have a good sound, I've heard  the Antelope. But with HA-1 you also get a very powerful amplifier as well as bluetooth support.

It's a hard decision on this one, myself at this point, I'd suggest you go the HA-1 route....

Thanks for your reply. 

I can't get access to any of these DACs now. I can get a used Zodiac + for less than $1000 tomorrow.
I think this is the best deal I can make. 
Yet, I'm very concerned about HA-1. It seems like a very decent DAC.

Any one can tell which one sounds better? Which one has more clarity and detail?  
I don't use bluetooth devices or ipod..

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #488 of 529
Thanks for the reply. 

I can't get access to any of these DACs now. I can get a used Zodiac + for less than $1000 tomorrow.
I think this is the best deal I can make. 
Yet, I'm very concerned about HA-1. It seems like a very decent DAC.

Any one can tell which one sounds better? Which one has more clarity and detail? 

Ess sabre 9018 is an excellent dac and brings out a lot of detail and soundstage, you won't be disappointed.
Of course implementation is very important. With HA-1 gives you the whole package with more format support as well.

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #489 of 529
Ess sabre 9018 is an excellent dac and brings out a lot of detail and soundstage, you won't be disappointed.
Of course implementation is very important. With HA-1 gives you the whole package with more format support as well.

Yes. I have a few Sabre devices. They sound incredible. 
My question is: is HA1 good for pro audio engineer monitoring? That's what I'm looking for at this point. 
And implementation of chip is really more than 50%. Some devices with same chip sound very bad.. 

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #490 of 529
I wonder if anyone compared the zodiac gold+voltikus to the W4S dac 2se or the master 7?

Aug 30, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #492 of 529
  I wonder if anyone compared the zodiac gold+voltikus to the W4S dac 2se or the master 7?

I tested the Zodiac and Zodiac Gold two years ago together and bought the Zodiac. The Zodiac was cheeper and without sound deterioration. Also listened W4S, IMO the Zodiac is more neutral. 
Now I have a Zodiac Platinum and selling my silver  Zodiac.

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #493 of 529
  I tested the Zodiac and Zodiac Gold two years ago together and bought the Zodiac. The Zodiac was cheeper and without sound deterioration. Also listened W4S, IMO the Zodiac is more neutral. 
Now I have a Zodiac Platinum and selling my silver  Zodiac.

Very interesting... I have Zodiac Plus. I'm loving its sound. It's neutral and very detailed.
How would compare Zodiac Platinum's sound quality to your old Zodiac Silver's sound? Do you think there's a significant improvement?
I'm also thinking about upgrading my Zodiac to Platinum in the future. For now, it's out of my price range. :/
As far as I know, Zodiac Platinum's using four Bur Brown PCM DAC chips while the original Zodiac has only one.

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #494 of 529
I would not be claimed as significant improvement, but it is better in many areas: more airy, more sophisticated, more transparent. Music floats in the air.  

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #495 of 529
  I would not be claimed as significant improvement, but it is better in many areas: more airy, more sophisticated, more transparent. Music floats in the air.  

Great.. as long as you can hear some improvement, it's nice.
Do you think it's worth paying 4000 dollars for Zodiac Platinum? Zodiac is only half of the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back