The Altoids Thread
Sep 12, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #16 of 35
i'm just wondering about the peolpe who build a lot of those amps, like norm. do he eat all those mints or throw them away? because i have a hard time finishing up just 1 altoid can in a few days.

Sep 12, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffL
Looks like the same size as an altoids tin.

Careful. There's no sense of scale in those pictures. I'd bet we're in micro-cmoy territory. Dimensions?

Sep 12, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
So I was led to believe.
I Bought some last year.
After paying I turned to my friend and said,"curiously expensive".
With anticipation I placed one in my mouth, waiting...sucked...pondered...popped about eight in my mouth, chewed them and turned to my friend in mid-chew and said, "curiously meek".

I put Grace's (Jamaica) hot sauce on everything which may explain my resistance.

You gotta try this evil potion and see if you're truly desensitized.

Da Bomb: Ground Zero (The sauce from Hell)

Let me tell you a story about my first experience with this stuff.

First round I choked down a small dab on the end of my fingertip. For the first couple seconds it seemed that I had just spooned down some Tabasco sauce....very soon after all hell broke loose. The pain was extreme, like Dave's insanity sauce with a liberal dashing of Satan's piss. My eyes began watering, so I decided to rub some of the moisture with my hands. Big mistake. Instantly my eyes started stinging as if some superconcentrated mace formula was slung into my face.

Buy this stuff, and use it to reduce your macho friends to a slobbering mess. Great fun!

Sep 13, 2004 at 12:59 AM Post #20 of 35
IIRC, tangent used to send the buyer the mints when he built an amp into a tin, what a nice gesture
smily_headphones1.gif

g

Sep 13, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #22 of 35
Would you like extacy with that?

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:11 AM Post #23 of 35
E-bay has been cracking own on people who use other names in auctions. Like say "fender style guitar" or "strat like Fender" i think i seen a few cmoys get closed because they used "altoids" in their description or somthing.

Anyone varify this?

Sep 13, 2004 at 9:06 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzzler
IIRC, tangent used to send the buyer the mints when he built an amp into a tin, what a nice gesture
smily_headphones1.gif

g

Just think if he ate them all himself tho Guzzler, he'd end up looking like Frank Cannon
blink.gif

Cannon.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:41 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD-5000
You gotta try this evil potion and see if you're truly desensitized.

I'm not a masochist. A few drops of Grace's are enough.

Although I've noticed macho named sauces can be curiously unhot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 2:13 PM Post #28 of 35
I had JMT build an amp in a Ginger Altoids tin over a year ago. I sent him that tin though as they were hard to find at the time.
Then he built me another one in a Citrus Sours round tin last winter. He sent the sours in a little baggie with the amp.

Sep 13, 2004 at 2:38 PM Post #29 of 35
I'm a huge altoid fan. Original mint flavor for me. I go through about a tin a week. I keep all my tins at my desk at work stacked up, so my office mates can laugh at me. I think it's a badge of honor! I almost have a complete wall. I took a pic just now with my camera phone, but the email is acting up, so I'll post a pic later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
There is also another new favor GINGER! :

shoppe_ginger.jpg

Oof, those things are N A S T Y. For huge ginger fans only! I like a good gingerale every now and then, but holy crap these things were gross. Tasted like soap to me. Curiously strong soap!

Sep 13, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #30 of 35
It has beed said that certain flavors of Altoids are harder to find or aren't available in certain parts of the world. I do know that the Ginger Altoids are common here where I live but the Licorice Altoids (Yuck!) are available...yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back