The Altoids Thread
Sep 11, 2004 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
Of course these mints became famous on Head-Fi for their tin boxes, which DIYers here used to make nifty headphone amps. I wouldn't go as far as to say they are the official mint of Head-Fi, but they should become a sponsor I think
smily_headphones1.gif
Yes, I am serious!

Anyway, I have notice lots of new Altoids as of late, like those Altoids Candy which were released last year I think (in the US anyway) which are quite good but I like the mints better and now I have seen Altoids bubble gum! I haven't tried that one, but yes it comes in a little tin as well.

Today I saw a new mint favor which may have been released a while ago, but I only saw it for the 1st time today, which is Liquorice Altoids. They are quite good with a very powerful favor! Plus now you have a new Black/gold/sliver tin to make amps with
smily_headphones1.gif

07_1.JPG

Sep 11, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 35
Altoids has always gotten good distribution around here, thanks to Kraft Foods North America/Kraft Foods Global, Inc. (through their Life Savers candy division).

Sep 12, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
These things are very strong.

So I was led to believe.
I Bought some last year.
After paying I turned to my friend and said,"curiously expensive".
With anticipation I placed one in my mouth, waiting...sucked...pondered...popped about eight in my mouth, chewed them and turned to my friend in mid-chew and said, "curiously meek".

I put Grace's (Jamaica) hot sauce on everything which may explain my resistance.

Sep 12, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
So I was led to believe.
I Bought some last year.
With anticipation I placed one in my mouth, waiting...sucked...pondered...popped about eight in my mouth, chewed them and turned to my friend in mid-chew and said, "curiously meek".

I put Grace's (Jamaica) hot sauce on everything which may explain my resistance.

Could be your taste buds are not as sensitive.

Sep 12, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 35
I'm more of an Eclipse Mint type of guy than an Altoid type of guy -- I've thought a couple times of CMoying one of those cases for a change of pace. ^_^

Sep 12, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 35
How come we Canadians always get the short end of the stick? I can't seem to find any of those neat Altoids tins with the logos and pictures on them in Canada. Just plain ones that say "peppermint" etc. with a pic of the pepperment leaf...

Sep 12, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
I'm more of an Eclipse Mint type of guy than an Altoid type of guy -- I've thought a couple times of CMoying one of those cases for a change of pace. ^_^

Yup, ktpg, the guy who build my amp, fit a cmoy, 9v battery, connectors and all, in one of those cases once.
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #12 of 35
I don't care much for the ginger. I do however like the tangerine. I think they're great. The citrus are so-so.

Sep 12, 2004 at 10:26 AM Post #14 of 35
I've been eating altoids peppermints for years and IMO they are one of the best peppermints on the market. I always used to throw the tins in the bin but nowadays I keep them
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
So I was led to believe.
I Bought some last year.

If the Altoids are rather old, they will lose a significant amount of their potency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back