The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Nov 26, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #2,626 of 2,897
Nov 26, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #2,627 of 2,897
I use headband to press onto ears , the chick magnet look.
Ha, me too. They are great for work as I can still hear if someone wants my attention.

Nov 27, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #2,628 of 2,897
Well I managed to acquire a tera from a friend of a friend. Very good condition.
I'm glad I bought it, really like how it sounds especially with porta pros and koss ksc75. They've never sounded better. Really well built machine and a really nice analog sound. Won't sell this one. No way
Now to look for some iems and earbuds...

Nov 27, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #2,629 of 2,897
IMG_20191127_181521.jpg

Absolutely love this set up. Tera is awesome

Nov 27, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #2,630 of 2,897
Just to get the essence of the thread right. You guys pay an absurd amount of money for a music player that is worth a few bucks and pay few euros/dollars whatever on your headphones where each dollar spent matters the most?

I have no words to describe it. Even if you try to justify the value of the engineering behind the player it will not work. It has so few components, that if I would be given all the components in theory I could just try all possible solutions how to arrange them and would find the equal one. This is one of the most elaborate scams you are taking part of.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #2,631 of 2,897
Just to get the essence of the thread right. You guys pay an absurd amount of money for a music player that is worth a few bucks and pay few euros/dollars whatever on your headphones were each dollar spent matters the most?

I have no words to describe it. Even if you try to justify the value of the engineering behind the player it will not work. It has so few components, that if I would be given all the components in theory I could just try all possible solutions how to arrange them and would find the equal one. This is one of the most elaborate scams you are taking part of.

thank you for looking out for my money and how I spend it. I am sure you wouldn't like my choice of underwear either.

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #2,632 of 2,897
Just to get the essence of the thread right. You guys pay an absurd amount of money for a music player that is worth a few bucks and pay few euros/dollars whatever on your headphones where each dollar spent matters the most?

I'm not going to argue as I can't be bothered, but I'm very happy with it

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #2,633 of 2,897
thank you for looking out for my money and how I spend it. I am sure you wouldn't like my choice of underwear either.

I do not care very much about how you treat your private parts, but each buck spent on it is much more wisely spent than on this crap.

As an engineer I get really offended by things like that. My consciousness is preventing me from scamming people like this, but for real this is just unjustified. Buy something nice instead, donate to some local engineering clubs whatsoever. But come on, not this

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #2,634 of 2,897
I do not care very much about how you treat your private parts, but each buck spent on it is much more wisely spent than on this crap.

As an engineer I get really offended by things like that. My consciousness is preventing me from scamming people like this, but for real this is just unjustified. Buy something nice instead, donate to some local engineering clubs whatsoever. But come on, not this
I'm sorry your upset by my purchase. I bought mine second hand and am enjoying it very much. A lot of people like this player and I can hear why

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #2,635 of 2,897
I am not upset by your purchase. I am upset that people like Altmann are allowed to do business. I am upset that people believe more in their feelings than facts. I do not care about single individuals throwing out their money. They spent it on something irrelevant sooner or later anyway. But i feel sorry for the decline in proper scientific fact checking, solid engineering and to scrutinize assumptions.

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,636 of 2,897

Once again thanks to for being the steward of my finances.

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #2,637 of 2,897
Once again thanks to for being the steward of my finances.
Glad you like the player. What size SD card are you generally using? I like using 32 or 64 as it's easier to navigate. Although, I do enjoy the shuffle mode

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #2,638 of 2,897
As an engineer I get really offended by things like that. My consciousness is preventing me from scamming people like this, but for real this is just unjustified.

I'm also an engineer (software) with more than 30 years of work experience and with lifelong hobby in acquiring all kinds of gadgets that cost me tens of thousands of dollars over the years.
Having said this Tera is without any doubt the most amazing electronic device I have ever owned (happily I purchased it new when the cost was only around 800 Euro). There is no way it should sound as great as it does at that size, and the UI is pure genius of simplicity (because it can be fully operated by touch while in pocket so for use case of walking around and just pressing buttons through your jeans pocket while there is no heat generated even during hours of use, and also great battery).

Nov 27, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #2,639 of 2,897
Glad you like the player. What size SD card are you generally using? I like using 32 or 64 as it's easier to navigate. Although, I do enjoy the shuffle mode

I use mostly 32gb, but do have a 64gb also. I tend to break everything down so that each card has either a single genre, or one artist (if have a large catalogue of their work). I also made a spread sheet that shows the tracks in which order to make blind navigation not so blind. I don't use shuffle. I am more of an entire album listener, so I can use smaller cards without issue. it also helps to have some sort of case or folio that can hold many cards in a slim and secure package.

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #2,640 of 2,897
I use mostly 32gb, but do have a 64gb also. I tend to break everything down so that each card has either a single genre, or one artist (if have a large catalogue of their work). I also made a spread sheet that shows the tracks in which order to make blind navigation not so blind. I don't use shuffle. I am more of an entire album listener, so I can use smaller cards without issue. it also helps to have some sort of case or folio that can hold many cards in a slim and secure package.
That's sounds like a plan, I'll make a spreadsheet on my phone as I always have that on me. Sounds really good with my periodic be iems right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back