The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
May 30, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #2,491 of 2,897
Over the years I have helped many people regarding questions and advice about the Tera-Player, however I can help to only what's possible and to what I have tried myself.

To this day, the Tera-Player remains one of the best inventions in the portable audio domain , it just happens to fullfil all the criteria I was looking for when I researching for the best portable music player.

I am very happy with the Koss Porta Pro headphone modified and they do get cheaper by years, and also the SanDisk blue SDHC class 4 are extremely cheap, same price as a coffe for 32 GB if you know where to look.

Sometimes I want some isolation from the outside world to enjoy the music to another level and I am seeking the comfort offered by earbuds, just I don't want to invest in the CIEMs.

Earphones such Meze Rai Penta or Westone W series offer the ultimate comfort for me and now I am in the search for such item that will work extremely well with my 2019 Stealth model.

Hopefully I will find it at CanJam London this summer. Once again, I do believe that the Tera-Player is an extremely well build, designed portable music player and I wish more people would have acces to it and have a listen.

A fact :
I never get bored when listening to the Tera-Player.

Agreed. Can't find anything to beat the Tera for portable audio since owning. I'd love to try some modified porta pros. I've tried (and ruined) 3 pairs whilst trying to mod them myself.

Ade

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #2,493 of 2,897
or you can buy a pair already modified by a Headfi member ( if he still makes them ).

My amazing at remembering pointless stuff memory knew instantly you were thinking of hiflight but his site (http://www.hiflightaudio.com) doesn't work for me, so I guess he no longer makes them :triportsad:

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #2,494 of 2,897
Well is not that hard to modify the Koss Porta Pro if you know what you are doing. Also I have added a better cable, but I am.willing to experiment with higher end copper cable in the future.
It all does make a difference and it changes the sound more or less depending on the modification.

May 31, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #2,495 of 2,897
May 31, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #2,498 of 2,897
Maybe you need to read last posts again.
Is not just about the new battery, I have an up to date model, 6 years warranty, peace of mind and a brand new player.
As far as I know is that besides a change to the random algorithm, nothing has changed. And as others also commented, the thing is built like a tank. And mine was as good as new. Then only your piece of mind remains, and you paid a lot for that.

May 31, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #2,499 of 2,897
In my opinion the Tera-Player is the only portable music player worth buying if you want something to last a very long time. Worth the investment if you ask me.
Other thing, but for home use will be a Chord Hugo TT2 I think.
Anyone else have tried the Meze Rai Penta with the Tera-Player?

Jun 3, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #2,501 of 2,897
55C82941-7F26-439C-A828-32FDF10BC86C.jpeg
You can write to Ron Kerlin from hiflight audio to inquire if he still does modifications. I bought the last pair he had a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back