The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Jan 24, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #2,421 of 2,897
Jan 26, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #2,422 of 2,897
No doubt about it : the Tera Player is still the best sounding portable music player for me in 2019.
When you think that it was first made available in 2011, that's 8 years ago !
Organic, smooth analogue like type of sound with very black background.
I can listen for 8 hours non stop without any ear strain ( fatique ).
I hope the new owner will come and share his impressions with us soon.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #2,423 of 2,897
No doubt about it : the Tera Player is still the best sounding portable music player for me in 2019.
When you think that it was first made available in 2011, that's 8 years ago !
Organic, smooth analogue like type of sound with very black background.
I can listen for 8 hours non stop without any ear strain ( fatique ).
I hope the new owner will come and share his impressions with us soon.

Couldn't agree more. I've had mine a long time now. It is my most treasured Hifi purchase... Wonderful.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #2,426 of 2,897
@musicday: Any idea when these are gonna be available NEW again? I’ve been frequently checking the TERA PLAYER website. Thanks.
Hi,
Charles is usually very busy but he still makes the Tera-Player.
Sometimes it takes few weeks or more before he will accept new orders.
Check your inbox, I sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #2,429 of 2,897
The Tera Player (TP) is undoubtedly an extremely robust, easy to use and very decent sounding DAP. Moreover, because it’s processing algorithm truncates the very upper and lower echelons of music files, the TP’s sound is pleasantly rounded off and likeably inoffensive. The Tera Player will never reproduce ‘sonic truth’ as it’s been neutered to attenuate the extreme ‘highs’ and ‘lows’ concomitant with high-res music. As a very early TP owner (mine cost €500) I’d recommend buying one secondhand if you pay around €750 but no more. In my honest opinion paying anymore is unnecessary, as my HiBy R6 far exceeds the TP sonically, has greater functionality and is less IEM/headphone dependent. Having said that, the TP is virtually indestructible and it’s loyal fans are truly a force to be reckoned with. :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #2,430 of 2,897
The Tera Player (TP) is undoubtedly an extremely robust, easy to use and very decent sounding DAP. Moreover, because it’s processing algorithm truncates the very upper and lower echelons of music files, the TP’s sound is pleasantly rounded off and likeably inoffensive. The Tera Player will never reproduce ‘sonic truth’ as it’s been neutered to attenuate the extreme ‘highs’ and ‘lows’ concomitant with high-res music. As a very early TP owner (mine cost €500) I’d recommend buying one secondhand if you pay around €750 but no more. In my honest opinion paying anymore is unnecessary, as my HiBy R6 far exceeds the TP sonically, has greater functionality and is less IEM/headphone dependent. Having said that, the TP is virtually indestructible and it’s loyal fans are truly a force to be reckoned with. :wink:
And: 3...2...1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back