The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Feb 7, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #1,666 of 2,897
Every time i say the Tera with one R is good,is because that's how i see it.My opinion.
And i don't need to prove to anyone, or compare against other music player.
Heard/seen them all.
Did anyone tried Ath-Ckr10 with it or not?

But you did compare it against other music player "I had owned previously: iBasso DX100,AK120,Lotoo Paw Gold (280gr)Tera player is only 80gr and tried: QP1R,AK240,AK380,AK380 Copper.
All have same problems: sound is artificial and digital,they are all big and heavy,some warm up,others warm up even more,and others get hot.And not to mention that some have short battery life especially playing DSD.
I didn't like any of that, so I decided to listen to only one player: The Tera player. Obviously this is my opinion and i stick with it."

Well, it's up to you anyway, just point out the truth

Tried it with CKR9LTD and it has good sound. Using JVC spiral tips, the high notes detail swirling out in my ear with ease and pleasant.  Although I do have CKR10 but didn't pair it with tera player. But I think it will sound good too.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,667 of 2,897
Every time i say the Tera with one R is good,is because that's how i see it.My opinion.
And i don't need to prove to anyone, or compare against other music player.
Heard/seen them all.
Did anyone tried Ath-Ckr10 with it or not?

Asked this question previously... apparently it does no good to praise the Tera thus not being paid attention to from your perspective...Try Tera with the Sony EX1000 and let us know how long you can continuously listening to it (to sustain the claim that Tera can be listened to for the whole day).  This IEM has a sibilant peak and even the "analogue sounding" Tera cannot tame such deficiency.

Having said that, it is important to choose the right combo as at the end we are listening to physical airwave from the transducer (headphone/IEM diaphragms) but not the electronic output from any DAPs.  That is the reason why you drill holes to your headphones (Porta Pro) as certain alternation to the original design characteristics is required to obtain a desirable result (in this case there is nothing to do with the Tera).  Only those who drill holes would know how much monetary value those holes worth in compare to the original headphones.  Bearing in mind that there is a very slim chance for most of fellow headfiers drill holes or made alternation to their headphones/IEMs and they are looking for genuine performance from their headsets.  We have seen enough advertisement on the impression of Tera/Porta Pro to which highly coloured/altered sound would only suit one with biased preference.   

I can ensure Tera/Tralucent Ref.1/Tralucent Uber is one of the best combos that you can get out of the Tera should you want to stick with the Tera.  I can recommend for those looking for the best IEMs for your Tera and the above is a solid choice.  To bring the performance one step further, I've found to put my Wagnus Epilson between the Tera and the Ref.1 lift it to a much higher level.

Hopeful the above provides some perspectives for fellow headfiers on tuning the combo to a best result.

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #1,668 of 2,897
Agree with Flymetothemoon in the Tralucent iems and their synergy with the Tera Player. I get pretty excellent results with the ACS Encore as well. :)

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #1,669 of 2,897
Agree with Flymetothemoon in the Tralucent iems and their synergy with the Tera Player. I get pretty excellent results with the ACS Encore as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

That one has a lot of drivers!  Will you feel the weight on your ears?

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,670 of 2,897
Feb 8, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,671 of 2,897
Agree with Flymetothemoon in the Tralucent iems and their synergy with the Tera Player. I get pretty excellent results with the ACS Encore as well. :)

What makes the Ref1 so special?
Can it compete with high end IEM or CIEM?
Does it need burn in time to sound best out of the Tera? Shame i cannot try it as i would not want to purchase if i don't like the sound signature. Is soundstage big?

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #1,673 of 2,897

Tera  - Ref Too with Brimar Supreme Ref sounds good also!

Quick question to you...

Have you compared this Brimar vs. Tralucent's uber?  If yes, how did both pen out?  Where can I source this Brimar from?

Cheers

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #1,676 of 2,897
What makes the Ref1 so special?
Can it compete with high end IEM or CIEM?
Does it need burn in time to sound best out of the Tera? Shame i cannot try it as i would not want to purchase if i don't like the sound signature. Is soundstage big?

I'm not sure what you mean by "high end" iem or CIEM... But the Ref1 Too kicks most iems and ciems out of the park. You may wish to have a read in the Ref1 thread.

Ref1 Too requires burn in. About 100 hours to sound its best. That is also because of the stock Uber Too cable which is solid core silver at its heart.

As to what is special, it has a visceral bass, and yet is transparent. And a very natural sound. I would say that it sounds more like a full sized can than a iem. The soundstage is excellent: not as wide as its older sibling, the Tralucent 1plus2, but with a deeper and layered soundstage.

Again, have a read in the Ref1 thread. :)

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,678 of 2,897
I doubt many people here know about this but there was an attempt a few years ago to start another forum for Tera discussions forum (after Chalres was banned here).
Didn't survive long but Charles did post there once and it's an interesting post which also confirmed his 'love' for this forum.
wink_face.gif

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/head/messages/2632.html

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #1,680 of 2,897
Definitely i need to try the Ref1 with my Tera.I can't seem to find whats the difference between original Ref1 and the new one.

It has been a while since I had the Ref1 but iirc the Ref1 Too is a bit quicker, has better control, deeper and more layered soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back