The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Feb 6, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #1,651 of 2,897
Them it continues my reply :"If the tera respect the music as you respect your colleagues and me should be a good ****, I didn't disrespected you, or did it? the pawgold and waste of time? And a matchbox for 6720 is top?I just gave an opinion, growup and show my friend
" is answer :"Hi Dinis,,

have raised the price to EUR 10.000,- now.

I hope you are satisfied now.

Have great weekend,

Charles :)" my god ,should be better head people in the hospice...

Feb 6, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #1,652 of 2,897
Them it continues my reply :"If the tera respect the music as you respect your colleagues and me should be a good ****, I didn't disrespected you, or did it? the pawgold and waste of time? And a matchbox for 6720 is top?I just gave an opinion, growup and show my friend

Have great weekend,

Charles :)" my god ,should be better head people in the hospice...

So it's because of you he increased the price!! Well thanks a lot!

:wink:

Feb 6, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #1,654 of 2,897
After reading that email exchange with Charles it almost seems he has been raising the prices out of frustration that people were not purchasing more Teras back when priced under EUR 1680. Almost as a punishment to potential buyers for not realizing the greatness of device. Of course the frustrating thing is that those of us who do realize the greatness of Tera and would perhaps buy another one at those prices no longer have that option.

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #1,655 of 2,897
Denis1976 : I had owned previously: iBasso DX100,AK120,Lotoo Paw Gold (280gr)Tera player is only 80gr and tried: QP1R,AK240,AK380,AK380 Copper.
All have same problems: sound is artificial and digital,they are all big and heavy,some warm up,others warm up even more,and others get hot.And not to mention that some have short battery life especially playing DSD.
I didn't like any of that, so I decided to listen to only one player: The Tera player. Obviously this is my opinion and i stick with it.
If i were you and really wanted to own a Tera player i wouldn't bother Charles judging him why he put the price up,that's his business only.You could have asked him nicely what can you do to have a cheaper one when available, maybe that would have helped.

Smial1966: Also you complain a lot about the new price but you have paid £8000 for a DAC ( your money,your choice ) if you arw happy then i am happy for you too- so if you want a Tera you can afford one,right?
Why we are still debating about the price,when that is what it is.
I have learned over the years that if someone really wants something and have the money ( obviously ) will still buy it no matter what.

Let's get back and what new headphones, earphones many of you have tried and sounded wonderful paired with the Tera Player.
Let's make room for potentially new owners to learn more.

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #1,656 of 2,897

Have great weekend,

Charles
smily_headphones1.gif
" my god ,should be better head people in the hospice...

I think this confirms he doesn't actually give a **** about selling units. He is going for mythical status

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #1,657 of 2,897

I think this confirms he doesn't actually give a **** about selling units. He is going for mythical status

10 thousand Euro buys a lot of tinfoil for hats:wink:

It's not mythical status he's achieving, there are textbooks about that personality type, it's not an achievement.

I love this thread, whenever I need a gut wrenching laugh I come here
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #1,658 of 2,897
You know what is strange?
People always criticised the price and the sound without even hearing one first.
If there's something to complain about is the AK380 and the Blue Note Edition.
They are expensive and don't deliver for the price.
I will take a Tera Player any day over any other music player out there !
Let's get back to listening, i meant to say it to those who own a Tera :)

Kindly referred to my postings as those are credible comments as I'm an owner of both Tera and Ak240 at the same time well over a year.  Bearing in mind that those were derived from a top notch IEM...the Tralucent Ref.1/Uber cable.

You may find the addiction only via a low tier transducer and you'd understand how much you've missing once a top notch headphone/IEM are used.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #1,659 of 2,897
So much of the dellusion. What do you expect? If you pay so much than you will believe that it sound good to make you feel better of course. It's human nature.
Don't get me wrong. I'v heard it for quite sometimes, from a friend when he bought around 1000 dollar second hand that time. It has one the best black background till today, perhaps still bit better.
But listeing to dsd vs wav on it with today player blows altman terra away in the water. 1000-1500 dollar is hardly a bit stretching price at that time. But at current price? it can go pass to obsolete.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,660 of 2,897
musicday,

I do complain about the current Tera Player (TP) pricing because there is no justifiable reason apart from personal greed to sell an item that originally cost 840 Euros a few years ago for 10,000 Euros today. Also, the ludicrously high price means that potential customers are prohibited from owning a TP solely because of the cost. Charles knows that this potential client base exists and yet does nothing to help audio enthusiasts acquire his DAP by significantly lowering the price.   

As you well know I had a Tera Player for years and sold it to you in September last year. Would I buy another one at 840 Euros, no I would not, as other current DAPs sound better to my ears. Also, just for information, the Chord DAVE is a truly reference class DAC and worth every penny!
smile.gif

Quote:
Denis1976 : I had owned previously: iBasso DX100,AK120,Lotoo Paw Gold (280gr)Tera player is only 80gr and tried: QP1R,AK240,AK380,AK380 Copper.
All have same problems: sound is artificial and digital,they are all big and heavy,some warm up,others warm up even more,and others get hot.And not to mention that some have short battery life especially playing DSD.
I didn't like any of that, so I decided to listen to only one player: The Tera player. Obviously this is my opinion and i stick with it.
If i were you and really wanted to own a Tera player i wouldn't bother Charles judging him why he put the price up,that's his business only.You could have asked him nicely what can you do to have a cheaper one when available, maybe that would have helped.

Smial1966: Also you complain a lot about the new price but you have paid £8000 for a DAC ( your money,your choice ) if you arw happy then i am happy for you too- so if you want a Tera you can afford one,right?
Why we are still debating about the price,when that is what it is.
I have learned over the years that if someone really wants something and have the money ( obviously ) will still buy it no matter what.

Let's get back and what new headphones, earphones many of you have tried and sounded wonderful paired with the Tera Player.
Let's make room for potentially new owners to learn more.

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #1,664 of 2,897
With regard to Charles not having to justify why the Terra price is through the roof, I think that is totally unfair.  When the price was approx 800 Euro I nearly purchased one.  Anyone thinking of purchasing now would think that the 800 Euro priced Terra was inferior to the new priced one and to say its Charles' business to do what he wants, surely he has a duty of care to the buying public rather than just exploiting them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back