The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Oct 30, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #1,261 of 2,897
i wonder how the tesla T1 (with an amp) woulds sound with the tera.

and the kind of cheap apple headphones are surprisingly good with it.
the AKG K702 and the ultrasone 2500 pro are a really good combo to.

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #1,264 of 2,897
Yep, not once :) A much better one is the russian project based german Tendo DAC (I have it modded to have 0Ohm output, its just uncomparable to any portable stuff I tried, bass goes so deep you feel it in lungs).
I used to have HM901 and DX100, I have HDPr10 (I still like to play it sometimes), I have more in collection but my No 1 picks are modded MA9 (with golden amp card...also modded...) and modded Tento DAC.

I think my perfection is accomplished with tento "brick", it has the awesome R2R AD DAC (better than the philips) and AptX bluetooth option... quite amazing. Imagine high powered with breath taking deep bass tera version. There is soon X7 coming for review.... so we will see how good it is! :wink:

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #1,266 of 2,897
I would certainly pay the price he launched these at. I mean sure there is no gui etc, but that doesn't largely bother me. But beyond that price I start to expect things like a stronger amp section, gui, a bit more diversity in file types etc.

That being said I don't necessarily consider no gui a disadvantage most of the time, but sometimes it's nice to have and for 6000 euros I would expect everything including a pet unicorn. I mean that's 6 months of my mortgage repayments lol

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,267 of 2,897
I paid 840 Euro for my Tera 3 years ago and have been enjoying it so much that if something happened to it I would pay up to double that amount for another new one if that ever becomes possible again - not holding my breath waiting for that however.

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,268 of 2,897
Yep, not once :) A much better one is the russian project based german Tendo DAC (I have it modded to have 0Ohm output, its just uncomparable to any portable stuff I tried, bass goes so deep you feel it in lungs).
I used to have HM901 and DX100, I have HDPr10 (I still like to play it sometimes), I have more in collection but my No 1 picks are modded MA9 (with golden amp card...also modded...) and modded Tento DAC.

I think my perfection is accomplished with tento "brick", it has the awesome R2R AD DAC (better than the philips) and AptX bluetooth option... quite amazing. Imagine high powered with breath taking deep bass tera version. There is soon X7 coming for review.... so we will see how good it is! :wink:
I have the X7 with me, and have tried most high end DAPs. I honestly think the Tera still holds its own against all of them when rightly paired. It is the only player with my AK240SS I have not yet sold.

Criticizing it based on zero hearing time does not hold much weight and is a lack of respect to some of us. But if it makes you happy, please go ahead, we must take all the little pleasures life gives us.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #1,270 of 2,897
Apologises if you felt disrespected - I tried and had Tera before and I compare it from what I heard, I remember it very well, clean spacious sound but not pairing well with my top IEMs, it worked really well only when amped.

Tera is surely a nice player, but high output impedance just disables plenty of top IEMs from use, and unfortunately, best iems are multi-driver type and with very low impedance (JH16 for example has 11Ohm, and thats not frequency impedance which will go even lower).

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,272 of 2,897
I have the X7 with me, and have tried most high end DAPs. I honestly think the Tera still holds its own against all of them when rightly paired. It is the only player with my AK240SS I have not yet sold.

Criticizing it based on zero hearing time does not hold much weight and is a lack of respect to some of us. But if it makes you happy, please go ahead, we must take all the little pleasures life gives us.

Agree absolutely with you, Michael! I love not just the SQ but also the fact that the battery life just goes on and on. Hence, my travel rig these days is one of the Lotoo PAWs, the Tera, the ACS Encore and the Lab1. :)

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #1,273 of 2,897
Apologises if you felt disrespected - I tried and had Tera before and I compare it from what I heard, I remember it very well, clean spacious sound but not pairing well with my top IEMs, it worked really well only when amped.

Tera is surely a nice player, but high output impedance just disables plenty of top IEMs from use, and unfortunately, best iems are multi-driver type and with very low impedance (JH16 for example has 11Ohm, and thats not frequency impedance which will go even lower).
I thought you had never heard it that is why. I agree that the pairing is the bottleneck. But since my go to CIEMs is the SE5 ultimate, which is around 130 ohms, Tera works for me. If it didn't have this issue, might be my only DAP.

Kiats I am on my way to buy the Lotoo PG right now. Sound is so emotional.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #1,274 of 2,897
I thought you had never heard it that is why. I agree that the pairing is the bottleneck. But since my go to CIEMs is the SE5 ultimate, which is around 130 ohms, Tera works for me. If it didn't have this issue, might be my only DAP.

Kiats I am on my way to buy the Lotoo PG right now. Sound is so emotional.

Haha! Indeed it is! I so love it with the Encores! Enjoy, my Friend! Sorry we haven't had time to catch up thus far but my trips to Beijing are always so hectic. Fingers crossed we can catch up soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back