The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Jul 21, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #1,052 of 2,897
It's a very odd marketing strategy to double the price of your product every year or so. I considered the Tera Player good value at 840 Euros, but then the craziness started...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
It is crazy, but he doesn't make these things to churn profits or keep shareholders happy, so if he doesn't sell any I guess it's not a big loss for him. If someone is silly enough to pay that much then it's a win win for Charles.
Certainly makes them even more unobtainable and even more special for those that have them and even more profitable for those looking to sell them second hand, particularly the really adopters when these sold for a reasonable price initially (reasonable by crazy audiophile standards, not general public standards lol)

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,053 of 2,897
The Tera player remains my favourite music player ever( at any price point ) and i will use it for as long as it will last.
I intend to use it for few hours at the time when i can.
As for the lucky ones who own one,they will need to send it for a battery replacement every 5-6 years!? That's all i think.
Anyway enjoy it, as this is truly an amazing probable device.

Jul 24, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #1,054 of 2,897
Missed out on the latest evolvements for a little while and just read about the new pricing of the Tera.
Well, well, 6,7 K., quite honestly I would't buy a Tera Player for that price.

But actually only since I can't afford it....

Reason?
Maybe Charles wants to reduce his order income.
Maybe he's running out of Philips DAC's.
Maybe they're still sold at that price.
Maybe he regards them better than any other player.
Maybe I don't have the faintest idea regarding the reason :)

It's a free market, only sad thing about it is that less peoples will get the opportunity to enjoy this fantastic player....

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #1,055 of 2,897
just got my modified portapro's, oh wow, i cant even speak, it's like my hart is melting with the sound of the instrumentals and the sound-stage coming out of them. the base is so accurate and the mids are with pure harmony with the highs, you can feel the base in your hart and the high pitch when a vocal part comes just gives you shivers to the bones.

i think charls really did an amazing job with tuning it for a 40$ headphones' it sounds way better then my home rig or any other rig i heard in the past few years.

and to think it can sound better, it's crazy! gonna save up for a few months to get the best combo for them i just need to hear it at the top!

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #1,057 of 2,897
Do people really pay that price for a device like that?
biggrin.gif
What a douch*.
His Website is pure gold. those quotes are even more hilarious then the
rest of the site.

No Cirrus/Crystal, No Wolfson, No ESS Sabre, No Sigma-Delta! Sorry guys, you didn't make it into the world's best sounding player. My advice: Listen and learn :wink:

World's best price performance ratio: The Tera-Player delivers infinite performance at an unbeatable price!

World's only portable music player with full screenless navigation! (looks like Mr. Altmann never heard of the Shozy Alien)

World's most loved music player.

Honestly, that sounds like a marketing plan of an 9 year old.

Jul 27, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,059 of 2,897
Yes !
People pay that sort of money for the Tera player.
Is the best music player in the world and if you haven't heard one i urge you to do so, if possible.
Musicday

I have and it dropped my jaw. Not because of the SQ, but because of the price. 800€? Guess its
fair to pay that for something that is all handbuild by one Guy. Is the SQ worth that money, maybe.
We did some AB-Testing with an iPod Touch 5G and one time with an AK 240. People could not
tell the difference which was the more expensive player. There is a thin line were everything becomes
almost indistinguishable. Of course not for the goldenear audiophiles who hear the tiniest difference
in firmware-updates and sd-card brandings
wink.gif

But more then 6.000€ for a piece like that, thats outrageous and just milking the cow the hard way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back