The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Jun 22, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #1,008 of 2,897
Hoping someone will have the Ref1 at the London meeting so i can try it.
I have stopped buying things without seeing/trying first.
Everyone's hearing and SQ taste is different so better check for myself before i purchase.
Very happy the the Mod Korta with Tera.
The more i listen the more i enjoy any music style honestly as long as is well recorded in WAV.

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,010 of 2,897
So worth the upgrade?

I upgraded from 1plus2 to Ref 1 to get rid of occasional sibilance on 1plus2 - happened to get that on some of my favorite albums (ie Louis Armstrong, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez vocals).
Ref 1 completely took care of that, and also further improved on mids and bass - those were the additional benefits I noticed once Ref 1 arrived.
But I still think 1plus2 are phenomenal and I kept them because for some types of music I prefer them to Ref 1 (ie. instrumental piano - I prefer the timbre of 1plus2 over Ref 1).

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #1,012 of 2,897
Im using my 1 plus 2 with my Tera. Is the Ref1 really a big improvement vs the 1plus 2? Still toying with the idea of getting the Ref1

They are totally different.They both huge soundstage but 1plus2 is a bit more.Also ref 1 is dark and bassy iem.Mids and trebles are the back.İt is also fast.

1plus2 sound is so different.I like them than ref 1.İt is so detailed sound.Trebles are perfect bass is not too much like ref 1.But it is not fast as ref 1 so when you listen zippy music it can't reach music speed.But if you listen slow it is perfect especially with uber.Uber solves the sibilance problem.Also uber provide better seperation and 3d sound...

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #1,013 of 2,897
I agree with the various posts above stating the differences between the 1plus2 and the ref.1 and I don't know if it would be technically possible to combine the strong points of these 2 IEM's in a mighty "refplus" or something like that but with the Tera I happily settle for the ref.1 :)

With my Sony Xperia Z3 though (don't own another player to use for comparisons at this moment) things change quite a lot.
The 1plus2 has substantially more bass and the ref.1 actually is too bassy and thick to my taste.
If only my phone had all other advantages of the Tera :)))

Since this thread is about Tera in the first place, it's probably obvious all opinions on the Tralucents are in combination with this wonderfull player but I considered it worth mentioning anyway :)

Happy listening with whatever combo folks!

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #1,014 of 2,897
Once again so happy with the Tera player.I feel sorry for all those who always looking to upgrade but they never happy with sound.
I am amazed by the SQ,portability,simplicity in operation even in a pocket and the great battery life.
More people need to hear first the Tera player before they comment.
Life is good.
Musicday

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #1,015 of 2,897
I would try, but the price is too high for me, I don't know a place here in Germany to try and listen to the Tera Player.

Jul 11, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #1,020 of 2,897
I think lots of guys here they first bought a Tera player without hearing it.
If you read the reviews you will know why they choose to do so,plus the Tera can be found very rarely here for sale,but can be order it direct from Mr.Genius Charles.

I agree, the player and Charles reputations preceed them, but with sound being so subjective, it's still a huge gamble for some.
I think there are quite a few great daps out there now, and once you get into the likes of the ak240, hm901, Tera player, paw gold, is not a question of good or bad any longer, it's a matter of preference.

One day I will try the Tera, and probably in turn need to find myself one somehow, even if it means selling organs, but today is not that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back