The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Apr 7, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #842 of 2,897
I will not recommend any card for Tera player except Sandisk,as i had Kingston before and it came apart when I used my finger nail to push it in/out of the player.

Thanks for the info - does the class speed effect the performance/loadtimes/navigation speed of the Tera or is just the transfer speed on the computer?

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #846 of 2,897
I can hear more and more stories when people sold their Teras and now bought another one as they really miss it and cannot replace it with anything else, even if money no object.
I am happy to hear that pairs great with FX1100.
Can you post a photo please? Thanks,
Musicday

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #847 of 2,897
I can hear more and more stories when people sold their Teras and now bought another one as they really miss it and cannot replace it with anything else, even if money no object.
I am happy to hear that pairs great with FX1100.
Can you post a photo please? Thanks,
Musicday

Pix as requested - JVC case is perfect also

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #849 of 2,897
Can you compare FX1100 with any other headphones? How is the soundstage, micro details?
Do they need burn in? Can you lay on pillow with them,do they isolate?

jelt2359 has accurate write up here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/71-iem-brief-review-thread-incl-rhine-monitors-cleartune-customart/105#post_11178667

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #853 of 2,897

Thanks for the info - does the class speed effect the performance/loadtimes/navigation speed of the Tera or is just the transfer speed on the computer?

Nope.  I have class 4 SDs and have no problem when playing hi res files.

Yes, slow SD is a PITA when transferring files from computer.  I categorized genre by SD cards then they would not be mistaken (small written code  on the label will do the job).

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #854 of 2,897
  I had a Tera before an sold it, kind of missed it so hunted 1 down. (possibly 2 - one for my wife - TBC....)

Great pairing with the "JVC HA FX 1100" currently

Is there a list of best and worst pairings?

I can recommend Tralucent Audio's Ref.1 (or the newer Ref. 1 Too) as the best pairing with Tera.

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #855 of 2,897
Really, unless the gear is designed for a specific niche or equipment, good-bad pairings are mostly a matter of types of music one listens to and personal preferences on sound, as well as other non-acoustic biases. In my limited experience, I have not heard an IEM with the Tera that I thought was so bad, it was a deal breaker and I suspect, at this level of the game, any such example would be more an exception than the norm. But since I use the Tera only when I am traveling, my go-to IEM pairing with the Tera is the Lab 1, which makes the whole package very portable, easy/convenient to deploy and keep, unassuming/inconspicuous to use and listening to the Chopin and Bach variations on it never fails to soothe and calm me. It's a very nice feeling when you are away from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back