The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Dec 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #511 of 726
Did you really hear a difference between the wa7's dac and the dac magic?

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #513 of 726
Was thinking that the new PSU for the WA7 would have been announced by now. Been keeping my eyes glued to Woo's Twitter feed 
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #514 of 726
Took a close look at the EH aside the Sovtek tubes today and infact it looks completely true what the russian EH/Sovtek tube maker employee told me, that they are indeed identical tubes just with the EH having the pins plated.  The internals are exact duplicates clearly fabricated on the same machines in the same factory with the same specs.  They should have identical sound characteristics within normal production variation.

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #516 of 726
  The WA7 power supply is slated for a February release. We will make some announcement soon.  

Can you elaborate? what differences/improvement will it provide?

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #517 of 726
The biggest difference is much more transparency. The soundstage becomes much wider and deeper and there is more air around instruments. The differences are not small in my opinion and well worth the additional money plus there are so many tube rolling options with the 12Au7 for people interested in doing that.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #518 of 726
  The biggest difference is much more transparency. The soundstage becomes much wider and deeper and there is more air around instruments. The differences are not small in my opinion and well worth the additional money plus there are so many tube rolling options with the 12Au7 for people interested in doing that.

I'm curious to know the final design they went with. I think the prototype used the same casing as the WA7? Can you share a little more details? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #520 of 726
  The WA7 power supply is slated for a February release. We will make some announcement soon.  

The final design will be with the same casing as the WA7 to match.   There will  more information coming shortly.

Awesome news. Thanks for the updates!

So the power supply will have basically the same design as the WA7, just without the volume knob, headphone ports, etc?

Any indications on the pricing? I thought I heard something in the $300 range before?

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #521 of 726

So the power supply will have basically the same design as the WA7, just without the volume knob, headphone ports, etc?

Any indications on the pricing? I thought I heard something in the $300 range before?

Pricing has not been finalized yet

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #522 of 726

The final design will be with the same casing as the WA7 to match.   There will  more information coming shortly.

Yes, $300.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #523 of 726
Anyone can comment on the interesting and perhaps an unusal choice of a DAC in this box?  Judging by the specs the DAC just seems rather mediocre performer for a box of this caliber.  Even few options from TI support.  What's the advantage of 32bit capability then?

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #524 of 726
Can anyone help me troubleshoot the WA7, I have downloaded the drivers and set the USB output, also using JRiver and set audio output to ASIO, there seems to be sound coming out of the WA7 when I turn the volume all the way up it's very faint but there..
Any help greatly appreciated

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #525 of 726
  Can anyone help me troubleshoot the WA7, I have downloaded the drivers and set the USB output, also using JRiver and set audio output to ASIO, there seems to be sound coming out of the WA7 when I turn the volume all the way up it's very faint but there..
Any help greatly appreciated

What headphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back