The all new Continental Dual Mono
Aug 2, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #721 of 2,704
the compatibility of androids with external dac is not universal and patchy at the very best due to the different way of implementation by the various phone manufacturers.  even with the same brand, different models behave differently to different external dacs,

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #723 of 2,704
Hi,

I just purchased the CDM and it does sound very very good.

The issue I am having is that my Android phone (LG G3) is not able to detect the CDM.  LG G3 on Android Ver. 5 running Onkyo HF player; micro-micro USB cable to the CDM.  Using the same phone and USB cable to the Chord Hugo and it played fine.

Any advise?

Thank you.

Got an OTG cable.

Still not able to detect CDM.. Hugo plays fine with the same setup.

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #728 of 2,704
Joined the club today - very immersive - hard to turn off

Works perfectly with NW-ZX2 too
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #731 of 2,704

My iMac didn't either until I enrolled in the public beta and installed El Capitan.  Even then it didn't until two updates were complete.  But it does now.  Now if someone can just figure out the iPhone issue with FLAC apps...

Looking forward to El Capitan.

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #732 of 2,704
Dear all,

We continue to work with Cmedia on the connect issues some people have. Also I just heard from Cmedia and they said they will release Win 10 drivers this week and we will post them on the CDM FAQ and driver page.

Thank you

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 4, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #733 of 2,704

on my zx2 and 240 using the stock ic from cypherlabs and alo lod, i have to put in high gain to get reasonable volume (or am i doing something wrong?)

on 240, it was sibilant using Layla uni
zx2 - less sibilant

will try to Ab this with Hugo

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #734 of 2,704

on my zx2 and 240 using the stock ic from cypherlabs and alo lod, i have to put in high gain to get reasonable volume (or am i doing something wrong?)

on 240, it was sibilant using Layla uni
zx2 - less sibilant

will try to Ab this with Hugo

ak240 balanced output > cdm balanced input > cdm balanced output > layla balanced

if your music is well recorded, well mastered ... it should not sound sibilant  

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #735 of 2,704

ak240 balanced output > cdm balanced input > cdm balanced output > layla balanced

if your music is well recorded, well mastered ... it should not sound sibilant  

thanks! i will have to find those balanced cables again as i got used to just ak240>optical cable>hugo

my ears are very sensitive to sibilance.. i do find the laylas to be a bit sibilant from 6k-8k. it seems to be boosted when i used it on cdm and lesser on 240 alone

but no sibilance at all on my ex1000

also if it makes sense will try to 

ak240>hugo>cdm and vice versa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back