The all new Continental Dual Mono
Jul 22, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #631 of 2,704
Are you guys going London canjam?

Hey LFC_SL

I tore my achillies  recently and had surgery to repair it, no travel for me for a while ;-(

I have been working recently with Audio Garden

www.audiogarden.fr

And they might be able to show them off...

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 22, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #633 of 2,704
  Because two is better than one

Let the tube rolling commence
cool.gif

Now that mine is on the way I'm looking forward to the different comparisons. There are so many tube offerings on Ken's site that I have no idea where to start. :D

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #634 of 2,704
At least OS X is an OS that can count. I mean, we all know 10 does not immediately follow 8.

Besides, this "weirdly named" OS brought some significant audio upgrades that should play well with the CDM.

Think its weird that Apple has been stuck on OS X (Ten) for 15 years! Only Apple could market what should be an incremental update (simply adding another 0.1 to the OS) and call it a new version.

Hey LFC_SL

I tore my achillies  recently and had surgery to repair it, no travel for me for a while ;-(

I have been working recently with Audio Garden

www.audiogarden.fr

And they might be able to show them off...

Ken

Know that a serious injury and takes a while to recover from.

Take it easy and feel better Ken.

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #635 of 2,704

Know that a serious injury and takes a while to recover from.

Take it easy and feel better Ken.

Its all good I am just bummed about missing a HK and London show ;-(

Thanks though!

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 22, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #636 of 2,704
  Its all good I am just bummed about missing a HK and London show ;-(

Thanks though!

ken

I missed the New York meet due to illness and won't make it to any other meets or shows anytime soon.

Got a brother and uncle who played college bball plus an older cousin who played in the nba. They've all had more surgeries than I can count. Achilles is a tough one though.

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #638 of 2,704

First, let me state that I was not aware of that being a particular goal for the CDM until I read it just now.  I am fortunate enough to also own the Studio Six.  One of my initial impressions with the CDM is that it is as close to carrying around my Studio Six as I could reasonably expect.  So in my opinion you most certainly met that goal!

The biggest surprise for me was how it works with my UE TripleFi 10.  I had no idea they could sound that good, and I've been using the Continental V3 for quite a while.  This has peaked my interest in getting a truly excellent IEM instead of a closed back headphone for work. 

Now if I could just get the HiRes apps on my iPhone 6 to work with it. :)

Ditto that on the IEM performance.  I don't own a Studio6 :):drool::), but came from the V3 Continental - and my JH-13's are operating in a whole new league now.  It does make me wonder where IEM's can go... 

I'm not too educated on higher-end (so-called 'musical') IEM's.  Please keep us in the loop on your upgrade in that area, and how it plays w/ the CDM!

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #639 of 2,704

Ditto that on the IEM performance.  I don't own a Studio6 :):drool::), but came from the V3 Continental - and my JH-13's are operating in a whole new league now.  It does make me wonder where IEM's can go... 

I'm not too educated on higher-end (so-called 'musical') IEM's.  Please keep us in the loop on your upgrade in that area, and how it plays w/ the CDM!

do share similar setups with both @cbridgeford and yourself and am playing with a couple of top tier iems.  please pm if you want to know more.

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #640 of 2,704
Mmm..to AKG 3003i owners, add the CDM to your audio chain. It makes the akg really sing. Love the AK 240 + cdm + k3003i sound. Perfect for those days when you just want to listen and enjoy your music and forget about the equipment, on the go . Also, I tested the CDM with the Grado PS 1000 (AK240 dap), which it comfortably drives (high gain, 10 o'clock on the pot). Love, love, love AND LOVE the pairing as well (hey, no harsh treble).Re: battery pack for CDM, when can we expect store availability?? I'd like to order the battery packs (two) together with the other dual triodes and single triodes to save on shipping cost. And, finally, this dynamite pairing with the CDM (Denon AH D5000 + CDM). I don't need the Chord Hugo for everywhere you go. Dun ka muna sa tabi tabi (Hugo relegated to limbo land)..... Lol :

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #641 of 2,704
Anyone else taken their CDM on a plane yet? Get any strange looks from people about the "device" you're carrying? 
dt880smile.png

I sat down on the flight, pulled out my CDM, iPhone 6, camera adapter cable, USB cable and K10's and then the dude next to me looked at my gear and pulled out an iPod Shuffle and stock ear buds. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #642 of 2,704
Anyone else taken their CDM on a plane yet? Get any strange looks from people about the "device" you're carrying? 
dt880smile.png

I sat down on the flight, pulled out my CDM, iPhone 6, camera adapter cable, USB cable and K10's and then the dude next to me looked at my gear and pulled out an iPod Shuffle and stock ear buds. 

My next confirmed flight is to Mexico in September. I may be in CA or NV sometime before that, but nothing solid yet. It'll be fun seeing my neighbors on the flight looking at the gear. Heck, my wife will probably give me a decent eye roll.

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #643 of 2,704

Actually the JH-13 or JH-16 or potentially the Roxanne is where my thinking is going.  Although I am very interested in finding out more about the Campfire Audio Lyra. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #645 of 2,704
dt880smile.png

mmmm.......strangest: I was stopped by the cinema's security personnel from going in to catch a late night screening of Ant-Man because I was carrying the CDM stack and he thought that it was a camcording device! I patiently explained to him what it was. He carefully inspected my gear, looking for a camera lens. He wasn't convinced so he called his supervisor. Then, they grudgingly let me in. Privelege has its own price, I guess. Good thing I was in a good mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back