The all new Continental Dual Mono
Jul 17, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #526 of 2,704
Mm......just wondering, to my fellow  cdm owners: what's the best (least troublesome) Android or iOS have you tried with the CDM? Although I am a Windows Phone user, I am willing to shell out some bucks to buy, gulp, an Android smartphone  to act as pure transport (not as a communications device) to feed the amp/dac of the CDM. Tia.  

Jul 17, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #528 of 2,704
  Mm......just wondering, to my fellow  cdm owners: what's the best (least troublesome) Android or iOS have you tried with the CDM? Although I am a Windows Phone user, I am willing to shell out some bucks to buy, gulp, an Android smartphone  to act as pure transport (not as a communications device) to feed the amp/dac of the CDM. Tia.  

Quality Android phones don't have to be expensive to be good. You'd want a device running Lollipop (5.0) or newer to use with the CDM. There are a handful of phones that don't support external devices but as I understand that's often due to the manufacturer's OS modifications and not Android itself. I use a killer $25 Android phone, the Moto G, at home. I purchased it simply to play with Android and it's excellent. I should try it with a mobile-friendly DAC to see how it fares.

Jul 17, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #529 of 2,704

Quality Android phones don't have to be expensive to be good. You'd want a device running Lollipop (5.0) or newer to use with the CDM. There are a handful of phones that don't support external devices but as I understand that's often due to the manufacturer's OS modifications and not Android itself. I use a killer $25 Android phone, the Moto G, at home. I purchased it simply to play with Android and it's excellent. I should try it with a mobile-friendly DAC to see how it fares.

Good points Brian. I've used my iPhone 6 with the CDM and the camera adapter and it's worked well. Kind of a pricey to use just for audio though!

Jul 17, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #531 of 2,704
I haven't been able to get Samsung Galaxy note 4 running lolipop to work on the CDM. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. My other portable amp/dacs work just fine via OTG cable from the Note 4. I've tried different cables, but nothing works. It's been a bit disappointing because I purchased this for 80% use as portable/transportable. But on the bright side, the thing is so dang good I'm considering selling my WA7 and using as my home rig. But I still want to take it to work with me - so getting my Note 4 to work with the CDM would be awesome.

Jul 17, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #532 of 2,704
If I find the time I can try with my s4 on lolipop tomorrow. Right now I am listening to my Legend R balanced (Linum) with the AK240 balanced (Alo sxc24). The LR is picking up a bit too much hiss though, will be switching to the VE5 in a bit.

Damn this CDM is good

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #534 of 2,704
Jul 17, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #535 of 2,704
Planned to use the CDM for my K-10's because I know how well Ken's stuff drives IEM's. 

Was floored to find out how well the CDM drives my LCD-3's. It's sick how well this smallish portable box works with my Audeze's - very close to the SQ and impact of my dedicated desk-top rig. 

You rock Mr. Ball (and Mr. Rossi too!)

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #536 of 2,704
  Planned to use the CDM for my K-10's because I know how well Ken's stuff drives IEM's. 

Was floored to find out how well the CDM drives my LCD-3's. It's sick how well this smallish portable box works with my Audeze's - very close to the SQ and impact of my dedicated desk-top rig. 

You rock Mr. Ball (and Mr. Rossi too!)

Thank you so much sir! :wink:

rock on.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 17, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #537 of 2,704
What IC are u using?

custom built with ak's 2.5mm trrs plugs and dita truth cables by van den hul to compliment the pair of balanced dita answer truth (gold limited) edition iem which is using the same cables.

I haven't been able to get Samsung Galaxy note 4 running lolipop to work on the CDM. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. My other portable amp/dacs work just fine via OTG cable from the Note 4. I've tried different cables, but nothing works. It's been a bit disappointing because I purchased this for 80% use as portable/transportable. But on the bright side, the thing is so dang good I'm considering selling my WA7 and using as my home rig. But I still want to take it to work with me - so getting my Note 4 to work with the CDM would be awesome.

pairing of androids with dac/amps in general has been patchy at best due to the way different phones implement android.

a really good option is the new itouch 128gb!

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #538 of 2,704
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back