The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Apr 16, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #4,411 of 4,580
Hey, just a quick question. I was wondering if I can damage the headphones by playing too much music. I mean i'm burning them in and i'm not sure if it's a good idea to play music on them continuosly for the whole day.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #4,412 of 4,580
Hey, just a quick question. I was wondering if I can damage the headphones by playing too much music. I mean i'm burning them in and i'm not sure if it's a good idea to play music on them continuosly for the whole day.

Play them all day if you like.

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #4,413 of 4,580

Headphones are supposed to be able to take it, if anything it's a good stress test: if something fails it's likely a defective product and was bound to fail sooner or later anyways.

I don't particularly believe in burn-in, but like the famous physicist joke, I heard that it works whether you believe in it or not, and so I do it anyways. Never had a problem with any of the IEMs, full-size cans or speakers I've used.

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #4,416 of 4,580
This has been asked before I'm sure. Pleather / leather pad options for K7XX? I know stock are great, I've tested them and they are. Still, I have oily skin and I don't think these are really washable in a way that would restore them to new condition. I have all pleather / leather now, for my current lineup, and I'll just wipe them clean.

Apr 26, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #4,417 of 4,580
This has been asked before I'm sure. Pleather / leather pad options for K7XX? I know stock are great, I've tested them and they are. Still, I have oily skin and I don't think these are really washable in a way that would restore them to new condition. I have all pleather / leather now, for my current lineup, and I'll just wipe them clean.
I haven't tried but you might want to look at AKG headphones that use leather/pleather pads like the K553 and others like it.

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #4,418 of 4,580
I haven't tried but you might want to look at AKG headphones that use leather/pleather pads like the K553 and others like it.

The different design of that "5XX" series makes me wonder if they'll fit. I know the underside of the K7XX pads has a disc (can't tell if permanent or movable to new sets of pads) that's needed with holes to hook into the plastic. If that is removable, I suppose any large round pad of nearly the same circumference would be able to utilize that.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #4,419 of 4,580
The different design of that "5XX" series makes me wonder if they'll fit. I know the underside of the K7XX pads has a disc (can't tell if permanent or movable to new sets of pads) that's needed with holes to hook into the plastic. If that is removable, I suppose any large round pad of nearly the same circumference would be able to utilize that.

After looking a bit more at the K553 and K7XX, you will need to take the mounting rings from the K7XX pads to use since they are mounted with clips on the mounting rings while the K553 pads are mounted with the edges tucked into the a space on the K553.

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #4,423 of 4,580
Hello, so I know this question has been asked a lot of times but wanted to get a third opinion as I'm not too convinced: I'm trying to settle for an amp to pair mainly with the K7XX, and am undecided between a Magni 2 (perhaps Uber) and a Vali 2. I've heard many pros and cons, if any of you has actually tried both and could give a personal opinion it would be greatly appreciated!

May 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #4,425 of 4,580
Hello there, I have been thinking of buying myself a good pair of headphones for a while now but I am a total newbie, I was wondering if having an amp for these sort of headphones is sort of "Mandatory" or else I would just be wasting my money. And if so what is a good and relatively cheap amp I could pair with these set of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back