The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
May 11, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #2,312 of 4,580
  if anyone is interested, I posted my formal review on the K7xx here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k7xx/reviews/13116

Great review Money. I hope when the flurry of posts about the latest drop settles down, many will read it!
It reflects substantially my thoughts on the K7xx. I wish I wasn't too lazy to articulate these ideas as you have. But   I am.
Thanks for the review!

May 11, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #2,314 of 4,580
May 12, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #2,316 of 4,580
  if anyone is interested, I posted my formal review on the K7xx here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k7xx/reviews/13116

Great review. Long, but informative and easy read. Am looking forward to my current course ending next weekend so I can really give my K7XX's a workout, along with a few other pieces of kit. Have the new ATH-R70x arriving in a couple of weeks, and think they'll be an interesting one to compare!

May 12, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #2,317 of 4,580
Thank you for all who read my review and gave me feedback. I am really glad that people are finding my review helpful and enjoyable to read. Apologize for the length, I did spend a lot of time on it. Updated a few new measurements in the review as well (csd plot, new FR curve, and some of the other measurements I had taken of the comparative headphones).

cheers!

May 12, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #2,318 of 4,580
Thank you for all who read my review and gave me feedback. I am really glad that people are finding my review helpful and enjoyable to read. Apologize for the length, I did spend a lot of time on it. Updated a few new measurements in the review as well (csd plot, new FR curve, and some of the other measurements I had taken of the comparative headphones).

cheers!

Excellent review Money, very well written. Tyl needs to add you to his Team.

May 12, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #2,320 of 4,580
  Now I'm waiting for TWO shipments from Massdrop... *sigh* #firstworldproblems

The wait will be worth it. You've got a couple of sweet listens on the way. #PatienceIsAVirtue

May 12, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #2,321 of 4,580
I've narrowed down my purchase among K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT880-600 ohm and Yamaha MT220. Which one has the most neutral, natural and balanced sound quality? Any information will be appreciated and help me to decide which one to purchase.

May 13, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #2,322 of 4,580
Excellent review Money, very well written. Tyl needs to add you to his Team.

@Wildcatsare1, thank you for such a nice compliment! I greatly respect what tyll does so that means a lot to me.

beerchug.gif

Great review. Long, but informative and easy read. Am looking forward to my current course ending next weekend so I can really give my K7XX's a workout, along with a few other pieces of kit. Have the new ATH-R70x arriving in a couple of weeks, and think they'll be an interesting one to compare!

@hakushondaimao, greatly appreciate your kudos on my review! I look forward to hearing your impressions on how the ath-r70 compare to the k7xx. the new audio-technica do look like quite an interesting pair of headphones.

May 13, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #2,325 of 4,580
Didn't think massdrop is going to send them out anytime soon, but checking my email today and BAM "Your [COLOR=00AFD8]AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Headphones[/COLOR] has shipped and it should be arriving soon!"

I'm in the UK, so that is still going to take and ages probably.
I live in the UK too and received mine in 6 days. This was during the first drop so it arrived just before Christmas and we all know how busy the postal service are at those time. Funny part is that it was sent as normal postage and not express or anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back