The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Mar 26, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #2,042 of 4,580
Another Massdrop/AKG collaboration coming out tomorrow.... It's not an exclusive like the K7XX but still quite a good deal IMHO. And at the moment nobody else has it, so perhaps it IS exclusive, at least for a little while.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760386/new-release-the-akg-k553-pro-featuring-a-killer-massdrop-deal#post_11446328

Jude has the only known pair is circulation, I have one on order but for all intents and purposes, This looks like it's going to be massdrop exclusive for awhile

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #2,043 of 4,580
Jude has the only known pair is circulation, I have one on order but for all intents and purposes, This looks like it's going to be massdrop exclusive for awhile

massdrop open: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k553-pro-studio-headphone

other google shopping links
K533 pre-order available for $199. shipping estimated to begin from 5/18/15 to 5/21/15.

fixed non-removable cable lol. guess they are leaving room for a k554 pro rotfl.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #2,044 of 4,580
The K701/2 models are a step up for any headfier the moment he realized is not a basshead anymore. Those models offer way more as a pro tool in the studio compare to the other hps even above 1K. I glad to see those AKG models selling strong after almost 10 years and I even more glad to see that project86 appreciate those great hps.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #2,046 of 4,580
 I found the K701s to lack in the bass department for studio use, and in general. HD600 is much more neutral to my ears.

I think most AKG studios are primarily for use in the vocal booth so that singers can really hear their own voice well. AKG's seemed to be tuned more for that kind of purpose, not necessarily for mixing the whole range of frequencies at the mixing desk.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #2,047 of 4,580
Mar 27, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #2,048 of 4,580

Jude probably has one as well, but I've been enjoying it all week long. Right now I'm using to play some Art
Pepper, unwinding after a long day. Sounds pretty damn good from the Calyx M.

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #2,049 of 4,580
  The K701/2 models are a step up for any headfier the moment he realized is not a basshead anymore. Those models offer way more as a pro tool in the studio compare to the other hps even above 1K. I glad to see those AKG models selling strong after almost 10 years and I even more glad to see that project86 appreciate those great hps.

word!

I would like to see people be opened up to what musicians and engineers are really making !!!  Not a veiled, bloated version of it.

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #2,051 of 4,580
Hello I just went all the way to a CanJam event, tried many of the 'big boys' and found that my personal sound sig. leans more towards the AKG K7XX, only to discover that I may have been left behind in the game getting this one!

Does anybody know where else I can buy the AKG K7XX, or when / if there will be another massdrop? I had subscribed to the massdrop at least...

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #2,052 of 4,580
  Hello I just went all the way to a CanJam event, tried many of the 'big boys' and found that my personal sound sig. leans more towards the AKG K7XX, only to discover that I may have been left behind in the game getting this one!

Does anybody know where else I can buy the AKG K7XX, or when / if there will be another massdrop? I had subscribed to the massdrop at least...

there will be another drop in the future. not sure when though.

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #2,053 of 4,580

Try EBay or the Head-Fi Forums (Sale or Trade). Have seen them on both. Likely get a better deal on Head-Fi.

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #2,054 of 4,580
Although these sound great, I am contemplating putting mine up for sale as I don't have anything that powers them to their fullest and don't plan on obtaining the proper gear anytime soon. 

Since these are the "first editions" I would expect there to be more drops in the future but I don't think anyone knows for sure 

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #2,055 of 4,580

Since these are the "first editions" I would expect there to be more drops in the future but I don't think anyone knows for sure 

OK so I could selfishly ask you to sell your rare gem to me... but I want to let you all in on this AMAZING MATCH for the AKG K7XX, and it all has to do with crap. (Schiit actually :wink:

So here was the setup which blew me away today at CanJam near L.A.... drumroll please... It's all about the Schiit Modi (DAC) version 2 + the Vali amp, and it's only $220 for both! I'm sure other combinations like the Hugo Chord DAC + other amps could make it sound even better, but this hand wonderous synergy and is so lifelike and musical in a good way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back