The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Feb 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #1,562 of 4,580

I think most guys will agree that cup size matters. Not only in headphones, but other aspects of life as well.

IMHO

... like coffee cups?
biggrin.gif

Boobie cups ^__^

This is my first massdrop, and if I remembered the email right, they'd only take the money out of your account when they were ready to ship right? Cause the charged the 200 this morning :D

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #1,565 of 4,580
  When are the K7XX going to be purchasable again? I have HE-400's but I was looking to add another pair to the collection, or should i get the Q701's?

Go to massdrop's page on them and click the "Request" button.  You'll get an email notification when they drop again...  and don't hesitate because they don't last long!

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,567 of 4,580
  Same here! Why not? One more request needed!

Will these sound better than the K612?

I haven't read any reviews directly comparing them nor have I tried them side by side myself.  I would think they would be more similar in sound than different.  There are some pretty good comparisons of the K612 and the K712 out there, however, and if you take the opinions in this thread (and others) as being of some importance, the K7XX is probably closer to the K702AE and the K712 than the K612.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #1,569 of 4,580
Boobie cups ^__^

This is my first massdrop, and if I remembered the email right, they'd only take the money out of your account when they were ready to ship right? Cause the charged the 200 this morning :D
My money has been held hostage since 11/28/14 and I still don't have a tracking number.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #1,571 of 4,580

Boobie cups ^__^

This is my first massdrop, and if I remembered the email right, they'd only take the money out of your account when they were ready to ship right? Cause the charged the 200 this morning
biggrin.gif

My money has been held hostage since 11/28/14 and I still don't have a tracking number.

you ever get a hold of them?

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #1,572 of 4,580
you ever get a hold of them?
Ya, they said that because I signed up for the second batch it will go out in mid February.

I'm still not happy that they offered a second drop before filling the orders for first drop.

Their response to this was that I would receive my order before the second drop participants get theirs. I honestly wasn't impressed.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #1,573 of 4,580
Ya, they said that because I signed up for the second batch it will go out in mid February.

I'm still not happy that they offered a second drop before filling the orders for first drop.

Their response to this was that I would receive my order before the second drop participants get theirs. I honestly wasn't impressed.

They did say that the second drop was going to be fulfilled until around this month. You have to read or keep up with the news :wink:

It was a bit confusing at first, thats why alot of people are still complaining about it. But when the first drop started, Massdrop extended the drop to several other units, for a fullfilment within the month of February. So the first drop consisted of 2k units and then several more, within that time frame but the first 2k units were to be delivered before christmas. Anything after that was for this month. They did say about it. Not sure how you missed that info

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #1,574 of 4,580

They did say that the second drop was going to be fulfilled until around this month. You have to read or keep up with the news :wink:

It was a bit confusing at first, thats why alot of people are still complaining about it. But when the first drop started, Massdrop extended the drop to several other units, for a fullfilment within the month of February. So the first drop consisted of 2k units and then several more, within that time frame but the first 2k units were to be delivered before christmas. Anything after that was for this month. They did say about it. Not sure how you missed that info

+1. sorry for your negative experience, but massdrop did clearly state what was going to happen & that if you signed up during the first drop after the first 1,500 units, your unit will be arriving along with the 2nd drop shipment for a mid-February delivery date.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,575 of 4,580

+1. sorry for your negative experience, but massdrop did clearly state what was going to happen & that if you signed up during the first drop after the first 1,500 units, your unit will be arriving along with the 2nd drop shipment for a mid-February delivery date.
I understand all of this and I get that my stuff was set to ship in February. The part I don't understand is that if they need that long to fill all of the orders from the first drop, why would they be having a second drop when the first one hasn't had all of the orders filled? That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. It's kind of frustrating to think that I had 200 bucks tied up in a pair of headphones when I could have had that money for the holidays and joined the second drop instead. Knowhatamsayin?

At this point it's water under the bridge, and my pair should be coming soon.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back