The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Jan 14, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #1,276 of 4,580
Its not fair they don't ship internationally ):

They do, that is how I got them...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #1,280 of 4,580

They changed it halfway through the drop. AKG told massdrop, that the K7XX was never intended to be shipped to international buyers. 
I think it was till 1300 and after that no more international shipping.

I must be so lucky as mine #1306.

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #1,281 of 4,580
I picked up one of these from ebay and got it today. I have a Q701 which should probably sound similar but I need to wait until my amp arrives on Friday since all I have is a Concero HP now. I do like the all black look however. It's definitely better than the green and other colors the Q701 comes with.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,284 of 4,580
I'm number 1949 and have not even received a tracking number yet.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #1,285 of 4,580
Can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced short cable for this can? The 3-meter cable is a PITA when walking around the house.

Edit: yes, a 10-meter cable would be terrible! Sorry, it's late here in NJ.
Thanks!

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #1,286 of 4,580

They changed it halfway through the drop. AKG told massdrop, that the K7XX was never intended to be shipped to international buyers. 
I think it was till 1300 and after that no more international shipping.

No they decided first drop was going to be the only international drop

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #1,287 of 4,580
  I just realized that my K7XX also has the rattling issue, but I don't use them at such high volume levels so it's not a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNf9nzvnd1k
Using this frequency sweep, my left side rattles from 20-24hz. My Xonar Essence STX Audio Center has its volume set at 32 (there is no rattle @30), and I'm using the extra high gain setting.

My right side rattles with this video....but I wonder why......?

OH, that clip is a bad source, even having the volume low, you can hear a hiss and distortion going on.

I wouldnt be surprised if my other headphones that dont handle low frequencies like that in the video, would do the same thing. I believe even my SHP9500 rattles a bit at those frequencies, since it wasnt meant to be a bass heavy monster.

Bad source=bad sound=headphone will sound bad.....at least thats what I have learned so far...

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #1,288 of 4,580
  My right side rattles with this video....but I wonder why......?

OH, that clip is a bad source, even having the volume low, you can hear a hiss and distortion going on.

I wouldnt be surprised if my other headphones that dont handle low frequencies like that in the video, would do the same thing. I believe even my SHP9500 rattles a bit at those frequencies, since it wasnt meant to be a bass heavy monster.

Bad source=bad sound=headphone will sound bad.....at least thats what I have learned so far...

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

this is a better test. Honestly, I believe this more than a youtube video. I have listened to other youtube videos and like any other video, sound and video are compressed badly to the point that when you have good quality components, you will easily notice the bad quality of the entire video and sound from it.

Edit: Example of a bad audio source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4ooVNr82U
I remember I used the X1 on this video (back when I had the X1 :frowning2: ) and it sounded pretty good, well it did because I was a major noob back then and the X1 was my first expensive headphone that I purchased (well the MA900 as well). But I bet that if I had the X1 with me and used the video that you linked to test the frequencies, it will most likely do the same thing, rattling and crazy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back