The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Nov 26, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #288 of 4,580
  Wow, I'm glad I got in when I did. I need to start selling off some headphones now though, can't listen to 4 pairs at once.

You can try to grow some extra ears, I haven't had any luck with that myself 
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #290 of 4,580

They're already on the second batch, using the same drop. 

Yeah, but if they sell, for example, 2100 total I'd expect them to do a second drop for the other 1900 in the second batch when we get closer.

Was just curious if anyone could confirm whether that's what they're going to do.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #291 of 4,580
Honestly, I doubt even they know.  Would depend on how it continues to sell, I imagine.  I don't think they were planning on having a continuous drop like this but then it sold out in a couple days.  You could ask in the massdrop discussion, as the guy responsible for the drop has been posting there.  

Speaking of, he reiterated that they're based on the AEs, pointing to the page description talking about the AEs and laughed about everyone speculating.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #294 of 4,580
What's this about changing the international shipping policy part way through the drop? That's not very cool.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #295 of 4,580
  omg they dont ship outside US anymore ? :O i should have order while i could =(

You could ask around if one of the US forum members would act as a proxy for you. I could name you a few.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #296 of 4,580
  You could ask around if one of the US forum members would act as a proxy for you. I could name you a few.

That's true, and very kind of any would-be proxies. Unfortunately though, it's more of a hassle, and the shipping fees are increased (ie $40 to Canada). Yes, I understand that this is still a good deal.... but

But it is quite annoying that AKG (and Massdrop) didn't state up front that international shipping would only apply to the first 2000. I can't imagine how many international buyers (who were opting to wait for the later drops) would have instead gotten in on the first drop had they know of these shipping differences. Now those would-be buyers are just not very happy.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #297 of 4,580

That's true, and very kind of any would-be proxies. Unfortunately though, it's more of a hassle, and the shipping fees are increased (ie $40 to Canada). Yes, I understand that this is still a good deal.... but

But it is quite annoying that AKG (and Massdrop) didn't state up front that international shipping would only apply to the first 2000. I can't imagine how many international buyers (who were opting to wait for the later drops) would have instead gotten in on the first drop had they know of these shipping differences. Now those would-be buyers are just not very happy.

like me :p

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #298 of 4,580

Yeah, that is kind of messed up. Either way, you know you got me should you need someone to grab a pair for ya :wink:

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #299 of 4,580
Yeah, that is kind of messed up. Either way, you know you got me should you need someone to grab a pair for ya
wink.gif

Thanks buddy - I assume the winky face is supposed to be a smiley face (but if it's a winky face, I get it lol)! I was wanting to sell some stuff before buying more gear (which is why I was interested in subsequent drops), and also to see how the reviews are to make sure there are no surprises. So depending on your review, I might end up taking you up on this! :)
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back