The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #197 of 6,345
Quote:

I knew this video would be interesting 
wink_face.gif
, Im surprised no one has picked it up before (never seen it on head-fi).

Also, I know the plastic feels different on the K701 from the rest of the K7xx series, but does anyone have an idea if its an entirely different plastic used, or just has a different texture. I suspect if its different, this might also have an effect on the perceived differences.

Really?  It's been posted like a dozen times, plus it gets posted in pretty much every AKG appreciation thread.

Doesn't the K701 have the shiny gloss plastic?  The darker headphones have a matte texture.  I'm not sure if they are different or just one is glossy and one is matte.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #198 of 6,345
Yeah, the K701 and white Q701 get toilet bowl white with some gloss...SOME.

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #199 of 6,345
any of you AKG gurus know what model was immediately to the right of the K712pro in that foreign film? I know they talked about the tiesto, but these were not.....

I wonder if the "entry level" K612pro will be made in China?

Its a shame that all AKG dont come with a removable cable and the hard wired small 3.5mm plug with screw on 1/4 plug IMO.

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #200 of 6,345
Quote:
any of you AKG gurus know what model was immediately to the right of the K712pro in that foreign film? I know they talked about the tilesto, but these were not.....

Its a shame that all AKG dont come with a removable cable and the hard wired small 3.5mm plug with screw on 1/4 plug IMO.

"Just" a K702 ... you can see the bumps on the headband .

Apr 13, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #201 of 6,345
Quote:

I guess so.  Presenting the K612 (on the very left) he comments that it's "only" 189 Euros and when he switches to the K712 Pro he mentions that this is a higher price range (however, not mentioning the price...), pointing out the handcrafting in Austria.  Based on this, I would interprete that the K612 is being produced somewhere else.

Apr 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #202 of 6,345
Personally, excited about k612.

If those pads are memory ones, think that they will suit better k601 than k7 series.
First, depth of the memory pads (when compressed) on "new" k7 series  is more comparable to k601 pads so (hopefully) there  will be no soundstage loses which would be really bad on k601 since they are step behind akg's 7 series.

In my set up, akg k601 had bass deficiency when compared to k702, as well as texture loses in lower range and terrible upper midrange peak but the great thing about them was that they were not trying to emulate bigger brother sound, they had their own signature.

So if new pads patch those shortcomings with price round 150 euros im in for a second run.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #203 of 6,345
How much these cost? If it's....hmmm...within my budget or a little bit more (EHEHEHEHEHEHHEHE... Saving more and more while waiting for more things to show up!) I might as well consider it since AKG offers excellent clarity...

Billson :D

Apr 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #206 of 6,345
Y'know, if everything went my way, hopefully these would literally replace the K70X, and with it the price. If that were to happen, I would buy it when it reaches $250.

I can only pray.

Apr 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #207 of 6,345
Y'know, if everything went my way, hopefully these would literally replace the K70X, and with it the price. If that were to happen, I would buy it when it reaches $250.

I can only pray.

II would fully expect these to come down to the current prices of the k701 and q701 after the initial hype wears off. Same cost to produce, so same exact profit margins for retailers. The only thing driving the price will be demand.

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #208 of 6,345
Quote:
II would fully expect these to come down to the current prices of the k701 and q701 after the initial hype wears off. Same cost to produce, so same exact profit margins for retailers. The only thing driving the price will be demand.

Somehow I always thought that memory foam cost slightly more to produce. I think it must be "TempurPedic" fooling my brain or something. The really good memory foam mattresses are stupid expensive in most cases. Not sure what the 65th uses, but I don't think it's the same foam as a $5 memory foam pillow from Wal-Mart.

Oh and of course there's no way it'd really cost $73 to make. That's crazy! I wonder if AKG is making a lot of money off those pads. Probably not..

I wonder what the markup on a Tempur Pedic mattress is. Probably a ton. Maybe it's like the Bose and Monster of Mattresses. They have advertisements everywhere you look.

You'd think that the memory foam would make the headphone twice as comfortable but there's really not change at all. Both are comfortable.

I think my favorite pads are those of the K601, but they have less bass than K702 pads.

Apr 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #210 of 6,345
Well being an AKG Fanatic, I now need the K702, K701, K1000, and K712 to complete my collection. Sorry wallet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back