The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #4,097 of 6,345
Okay So the headphones came in a day early (thank you amazon prime!)
And I connected the headphones directly to the computer.. and holy crap THESE SOUND FREAKING AMAZING

it's literally like orgasm in my ears. I can't believe the headphones that I've been using thus far.
This is like a whole new world. Now I understand the passion that you guys have for your headphones.
I have literally have never heard anything better in my whole life. and you guys are saying it'll sound even better with amp/dac?
I don't know if my body's ready....

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #4,098 of 6,345
And I connected the headphones directly to the computer.. and holy crap THESE SOUND FREAKING AMAZING

it's literally like orgasm in my ears. I can't believe the headphones that I've been using thus far.
This is like a whole new world. Now I understand the passion that you guys have for your headphones.
I have literally have never heard anything better in my whole life. and you guys are saying it'll sound even better with amp/dac?
You owe to yourself to push further. You've got the fever now, live dangerous, your ears will thank you. Your wife & your wallet may not.

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #4,099 of 6,345

If you've never heard good headphones before you'd be easily impressed. What mobo/audio codec does your PC have? Or do you have a sound card? I ask because when I first plugged these into my onboard (Realtek ALC892), they sounded like crap. Not loud enough at max volume and bass and dynamics were crushed. I was getting maybe 10% of the K712's potential. With a Schiit Fulla though they really opened up. But I feel like there's still more to be unlocked and they can scale even further with better amping. Looking at desktop amps like the Magni and O2 now.

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #4,100 of 6,345
Im using the basic sound card that came with my motherboard, and I can definitely hear some unpleasant stuff in the background from time to time.
I plan on getting the asgard 2 first, then couple days later the bifrost uber.
If i get both of these I was told that I didn't need a sound card unless I wanted to play surround sound
which is last on my list after i get asgard and bifrost.

Sep 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #4,103 of 6,345
  I'm really thinking on buying these cans, but how is its durability?

durability is good. i feel like they are made well. only small gripe is that since the headband is a "one size fits all" kind of design that they stretched out a little and do not grip to my head as much as i want them to. one way around it could be to not hang them by the leather band, but by the metal above it? just my 2 cents...

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #4,104 of 6,345
I had these for a couple of days now and from what I can tell these are really well built.
I don't see these breaking anytime soon and I mean like 5-10 years.
If you're worried about the durability, don't worry about it because these are really sturdy

These are so damn comfortable, the paddings are made of memory foam.
I wear these for hours and sometimes I forget that I actually have headphones on.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #4,105 of 6,345
Imo, The weakest aspect of this headphones are the elastic bands that hold the cups up on the sides. Over time they can stretch and the headphones becomes very loose and it's not that easy to replace either.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #4,107 of 6,345
I have an old k601 where the elastic was totally gone, so I just cut it off. :blink:

Then put the k601 on and got my daughter to centre up the headband on my head and mark with nail varnish exactly how far down the cups needed to be.

Then it was a case of little superglue blobs ........

Now, the fit only me ...... Perfectly. No stupid elastic!!!

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #4,108 of 6,345
I have an old k601 where the elastic was totally gone, so I just cut it off.
blink.gif

Then put the k601 on and got my daughter to centre up the headband on my head and mark with nail varnish exactly how far down the cups needed to be.

Then it was a case of little superglue blobs ........

Now, the fit only me ...... Perfectly. No stupid elastic!!!

love the idea. but then i wont be able to enlighten people by having them wear them...

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #4,109 of 6,345
Actually, it's not that critical and I really couldn't be bothered to look for elastic and then open up the headphone. In fact, they do actually feel more solid on my head.

Just waiting for the k702 and 712 to go and I'll do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back