The AK320 thread
Jan 12, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #166 of 743
  Anyone with any insight on if and when the firmware upgrade to support Tidal streaming will be released ?
When it does would it support Tidal offline content ? 

I've tried to search for this answer, but no luck.
At this point I am willing to accept wild guesses :)

Until Tidal becomes relevant in EU and Asia, I speculate that it won't happen. The US market for AK is tiny.

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #167 of 743
Jan 12, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #168 of 743
Using BubbleUPnP it can be done quite easily, I've had it working along with Google Music. Dedicated software on the player would be so much nicer though, it really shouldn't take much to make it happen, just lift a few of the locked down segments of Android they are using and it should run natively.

Has anyone ever worked on gaining root on these players?

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #169 of 743
  Using BubbleUPnP it can be done quite easily, I've had it working along with Google Music. Dedicated software on the player would be so much nicer though, it really shouldn't take much to make it happen, just lift a few of the locked down segments of Android they are using and it should run natively.

Has anyone ever worked on gaining root on these players?

Sure BubbleUPnP is an option at home. Then again at home I'll be using my desktop rig.
I would really like to use Tidal when I am on the go.

I agree, I don't think it should be hard. Considering it's running Android already and there is fully functional Tidal app for android already available.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #170 of 743
  Sure BubbleUPnP is an option at home. Then again at home I'll be using my desktop rig.
I would really like to use Tidal when I am on the go.

I agree, I don't think it should be hard. Considering it's running Android already and there is fully functional Tidal app for android already available.

This may be difficult considering none of the AK players have LTE capabability. I really see no reason as to why BubbleUPnP isn't an option everywhere so long as paired with an acceptable device and data plan.

Not sure whether Tidal offers the ability to download tracks to play offline but I know this can be done with BubbleUPnP + Google Music directly to AK players.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #171 of 743
  This may be difficult considering none of the AK players have LTE capabability. I really see no reason as to why BubbleUPnP isn't an option everywhere so long as paired with an acceptable device and data plan.

Not sure whether Tidal offers the ability to download tracks to play offline but I know this can be done with BubbleUPnP + Google Music directly to AK players.

Sorry when I said Tidal on the go, I meant Tidal offline files.
Yes, Tidal does offer download for offline playback (only using their app of course)

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #173 of 743
for everyone who owns an AK120II and thinks about getting the 320
I find the 320 a definite step up to the 120II. it has more microdetail, a blacker background a wider stage and sounds more musical to me

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #174 of 743
I upgraded to the 320 coming from the 120ii which is on sale now on eBay USA. Certainly I see that there is difference. Detailed, better soundstage, and even the bigger screen is a plus. I recommend it. I purchased mine here in NYC at B&H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back