The AK320 thread
Jan 1, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #151 of 743
Hi, I am planning to upgrade my AK100ii to either the 320 or 240 and I would to ask you guys what would be the best way to transfer my library and playlists (stored half in internal memory half in my SD cars). I am using a MAC but as far as I know you can not see both players in your Mac desktop and just drag. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #152 of 743
Oh new AK320 is just what i am looking for, something close to AK240 but cheaper. use when i am away from my hifi.Maybe use as digital input to my dac when i am at home.

I might be going to South Korea gangnam soon, i will go to a iriver recommended store there and test the AK320 vs AK240 vs AK380. 

Anyone with AK380 have tried the cradle and output the sound XLR to a highend hifi like krell KCT, krell evo phantom 2,or audio research ref 3, power by krell FPB600 or krell evo 400 and how does it sound compare with them?

I have the krell FPB600 and EXOGAL comet, if i connect AK380 direct to FPB600, how much do i lose in quality compare a full size preamp? That might force me to get AK380 instead of AK240. I found no such information on the net. Nobody written about it. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #153 of 743
Hi Guy's!

After few weeks with my AK320,i must say yes this NEW GADGET sounds great,but with the OPTIONAL AMP,you will be in heaven!!

That is also the only reason for me that i was buying the AK320,because i can use it with this AK AMP!!

Regards from Austria

Nomax

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #154 of 743
Hi Guy's!

After few weeks with my AK320,i must say yes this NEW GADGET sounds great,but with the OPTIONAL AMP,you will be in heaven!!

That is also the only reason for me that i was buying the AK320,because i can use it with this AK AMP!!

Regards from Austria

Nomax
Do you mind elaborating more on the improvements from the amp and also comparisons to other players and your thoughts in the sound/sound signature of the AK320? :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #155 of 743
Why would the AMP be a great improvement to AK320, when i tested AK380 with amp, it make the sound worse a bit. 
And the color does not match the AMP and AK320. This is very important, to match the color, you go out and match your suit and pant, then you have a AK320 and AMP with diffferent color. Not cool. That i can tell you. 

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #156 of 743
Hi Guy's!

Regards from Austria

Nomax

Dear Nomax, 
you have a hifi cdp, how do your AK320 compare to the sound quality from a full size hifi cdp? Which one have better sound quality. Thank you.

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #157 of 743
  Why would the AMP be a great improvement to AK320, when i tested AK380 with amp, it make the sound worse a bit. 
And the color does not match the AMP and AK320. This is very important, to match the color, you go out and match your suit and pant, then you have a AK320 and AMP with diffferent color. Not cool. That i can tell you. 

I agree with you that color should match perfectly (at this price). And the widths also differ slightly. Thats why I asked iRiver if there will be a dedicated AMP for the AK320. They told me that it's not sure right now, but they think about it ...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #158 of 743

I agree with you that color should match perfectly (at this price). And the widths also differ slightly. Thats why I asked iRiver if there will be a dedicated AMP for the AK320. They told me that it's not sure right now, but they think about it ...
rolleyes.gif

Ja, it is very silly of them to expect people who spend good money on their product to accept bad color matching, the dock have to change color too, so must the cd. 

if they dare to charge a huge amount of bucks for AK380, they should not release special edition so quickly.I bet a lot of them will or to be mad when the next special and the next special edition comes out. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #159 of 743
My 320 arrived this week, very pleased with it so far, got it streaming googe music service as well, sounds great.

Can anyone comment on how the 380 case fits on the 320, I wish they released more colours for the 320.

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #160 of 743
Hi, I am planning to upgrade my AK100ii to either the 320 or 240 and I would to ask you guys what would be the best way to transfer my library and playlists (stored half in internal memory half in my SD cars). I am using a MAC but as far as I know you can not see both players in your Mac desktop and just drag. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Easiest way would be as follows:

1) copy all the internal memory contents from AK100ii to your Mac
2) power down your AK100ii and remove your SD card from your AK100ii
3) insert your SD card into your AK320 and power up
4) copy your saved AK100ii music tracks from your Mac to your AK320 internal memory
5) power down and power up your AK320 so it indexes all of the tracks
6) copy your saved AK100ii playlists to your AK320

That should be more or less a carbon copy and AK100ii on up use the same Android file system. One thing that I've learned is your tracks need to be on the physical device anytime you copy manually loaded playlists into AK devices. It will match up your playlist against the tracks on the device and remove any missing tracks from the playlist.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #162 of 743
Quick question:
Why can't it handle higher resolutions as usb dac or native DSD, if it's the same DAC? It's like limiting the software and therefore asking for less money, still expensive...

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #163 of 743
Quick question:
Why can't it handle higher resolutions as usb dac or native DSD, if it's the same DAC? It's like limiting the software and therefore asking for less money, still expensive...

It's and issue of UAC 1 vs 2. The advantage of UAC v. 2 (as in 380) is that it can handle rates above 96. The advantage of v.1 (as in the 320) is that you don't require any drivers on any platform for it to work. Some people, me included, will take the advantages of UAC v.1 over the advantages of v.2 any day.

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #164 of 743
It's and issue of UAC 1 vs 2. The advantage of UAC v. 2 (as in 380) is that it can handle rates above 96. The advantage of v.1 (as in the 320) is that you don't require any drivers on any platform for it to work. Some people, me included, will take the advantages of UAC v.1 over the advantages of v.2 any day.

I understand, less complications no need for drivers, makes sense! But could it still play 192 files as a usb dac, but down samples them? I guess this is a configuration I need to do from the computer (foobar...)?

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #165 of 743
Anyone with any insight on if and when the firmware upgrade to support Tidal streaming will be released ?
When it does would it support Tidal offline content ? 

I've tried to search for this answer, but no luck.
At this point I am willing to accept wild guesses :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back