The AK320 thread
Mar 3, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #632 of 743
So, I've managed to collect 6 flagship (or almost flagship) DAPs from well-known companies: Lotto Paw Gold, A&K320, OPUS#2, Questyle QP1R, iBasso DX200 and Fiio X7 and I've made a video with comparison. It's really subjective, and I have an accent, so I've warned you:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzQr9d6O2E[/VIDEO]

I'm not sure, which topic I should put it, so, I've decided to put it to all related player's topics and hide video under spoiler to reduce annoyance

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #633 of 743
Nice review.

Do you know AK300? Is this lively sounding and good for vocals or would you pick another player for that?

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #635 of 743
It's also price wise double...ak320 to ak300.

Which dap you tested did you like most for vocals just curious :)

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #637 of 743
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem with AK3XX series players, but after a few months, my AK320 would report that the SD card was damaged.  I ran disk repair on the SD card and it seemed that files transferred via the OSX Android App had some file structure issues.   I suspect it was because I was using ExFAT and Android Transfer may be writing in FAT32.   At any rate, a reformat later, going to see what is going on, but just wanted to see if anyone else has any ideas on this.  Manually copying all my files over every 2 months is a pain in the ass.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #638 of 743
Fellow headfiers. I need your advice. I'm not completely happy with my ak320+amp combo. Looking to alter sig to my preferences. Can't stand harsh highs and more into basshead. Was thinking to buy either shure sha900 or vorzuge duo II. Both have eq. I prefer a dedicated circuitry over built in eq.

Any help is appreciated.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #639 of 743
Fellow headfiers. I need your advice. I'm not completely happy with my ak320+amp combo. Looking to alter sig to my preferences. Can't stand harsh highs and more into basshead. Was thinking to buy either shure sha900 or vorzuge duo II. Both have eq. I prefer a dedicated circuitry over built in eq.

Any help is appreciated.

Change out your headphone first. That will always have the biggest effect on the audio. Switching sources is helpful but only a fraction as much as the headphone. What are you using that is giving you these unfriendly highs?

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #640 of 743
Change out your headphone first. That will always have the biggest effect on the audio. Switching sources is helpful but only a fraction as much as the headphone. What are you using that is giving you these unfriendly highs?

LCD-XC and CIEM Oriolus MK1. Buying more HP is not an option for me due to nature of my work.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #642 of 743
LCD-XC and CIEM Oriolus MK1. Buying more HP is not an option for me due to nature of my work.

A tube amp might smooth out the treble. Maybe the ALO CDM?

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #643 of 743
A tube amp might smooth out the treble. Maybe the ALO CDM?

Yeah I was thinking about that option too considering that CDM has 2.5mm in and out. However, in that case wouldn't be Hugo a better option? Maybe even sell AK amp and use 320 as transport. These thoughts drive me crazy and I still fail to make up my mind :frowning2:

I like my DAP but sig it produces doesn't match with my preferences.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #644 of 743
I like my DAP but sig it produces doesn't match with my preferences.

How could the Hugo be a better option then? You said you were looking for less aggressive treble. Hugo is known to be good and bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back