The 2010 Holiday Gift Exchange Is On! (Read thread for details!)
Nov 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #76 of 320
Please count me in. In Hong Kong, international shipping.
Love world music......

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #79 of 320
Sign me up!  Conus please.
beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #81 of 320
I think I'll do it! CONUS please. 

and United Kingdom

(Sorry OCONUS, I'm a cheapskate)

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #82 of 320
Already signed up. 

I can think of two minor concerns. I don't know about others, but my library is currently well over 1000 albums.  I'm sure others here are significantly larger.  Seems like there would be a very real risk of getting someone something they already have.  I guess that's where Amazon comes to some advantage since returns are so easy, but you'd always like to just hit the nail right on the head, eh?  

I don't think I've posted much on my own musical tastes here - probably more on A'gon under Jax2.  I see where one of the previous santas actually put some of their favorites in their sig file.  I enjoy Puff the Magic Dragon on my Close'N'Play turntable (tube output mods and $1K power cord is where the magic is at). 

The "cheapskate" response to burned CD's was a bit harsh, IMO.  I have no problem at all with $ at this time in my life, but I do remember a time when that was not the case when I was much younger.  Some folks may not have ever experienced that, but I bet most have.   I've got the sense that there may be  folks here on headfi who may be in school, or are out there working minimum wage jobs, or have large families to support.  In which case the price of a CD might be a real issue, especially around holidays where there are lots of additional expenses, yet who may otherwise like to participate.  That said, I think it was established at the outset that if you weren't willing to spring for a CD, please don't sign up.  I just wanted to suggest folks not be so fast to pass such judgment on others. The question could have been simply answered without the judgment call.   I agree also that the piracy issues may not be something headfi.org might otherwise like to condone. 

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #87 of 320
I would like to be included, preferably paired with someone in the US or Canada.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #88 of 320
Hey Now,

Count me in. CONUS.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #90 of 320
I would love to be a part of this cd exchange! I can't do international at the moment, as much as I would love to, because tuition and books are coming up pretty soon.
beyersmile.png

P.S. I'm the Dallas area of Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back