The 10 biggest lies in audio
Jan 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 118

tupac0306

Headphoneus Supremus
Found this interesting article. I am sure lots of people have read it. 

This is for those who haven't. 
redface.gif

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/downloads/article_1.pdf

Do you still believe in burn in? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 118
Absolutely!  Anyone who has ever changed out tubes and listened to them change over the first 24 hours cannot deny it regardless of what the EE says.
Hibuck...

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 118
Ohh sorry. never saw it:)

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 118
I find that the whole "meter man" philosophy throws the word "science" around a lot but has about as much understanding of said science as the very audiofools it seeks to ridicule.

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 118
Should have been called The Audio Idiot, cause that's what he is.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 118

Quote:
Should have been called The Audio Idiot, cause that's what he is.

hahah winning..audio idiot. I might not be as educated in audio but i can definitely notice the changes in my headphones over an extended period of time with burn in.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 118
To be fair, he did list an exception for burn-in with speakers, although I don't buy the people who talk about burn-in of several hundred hours to get the sweet spot in their equipment.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #10 of 118

Quote:
To be fair, he did list an exception for burn-in with speakers, although I don't buy the people who talk about burn-in of several hundred hours to get the sweet spot in their equipment.

See that's where you're wrong.  After precisely the 2500th hour, my PSB speakers got significantly better.  As with every other example of burn-in, everything about their sound signature changed to my liking.  The bass tightened up and became stronger.  The treble mellowed out and became airier, and the mids smoothened out and became more detailed.

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #14 of 118
I like how he thinks two pairs of wires don't matter. It's just like adding a higher guaged wire. It can move more through it so of course it will make a difference if the speaker can use more power. This entire article is ridiculous.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #15 of 118
See that's where you're wrong.  After precisely the 2500th hour, my PSB speakers got significantly better.  As with every other example of burn-in, everything about their sound signature changed to my liking.  The bass tightened up and became stronger.  The treble mellowed out and became airier, and the mids smoothened out and became more detailed.

are you trolling? i can't tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back