The $1,000,000 speaker
Aug 25, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not worth it.

If I had that kind of money to throw around, I'd build a concert hall on my estate and hire musicians to play for me.

what if i only like biggie and pac, miles and coltrane, elvis and frank sinatra
atsmile.gif

i guess i only know when i have the money for this speaker.

Aug 26, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not worth it.

If I had that kind of money to throw around, I'd build a concert hall on my estate and hire musicians to play for me.

Yes, the perfect ANALOG music in town....and better than the gramophone, if it is that older equipment sounds better than modern. And, no tubes or transistors, just pure analog music.

Aug 26, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what if i only like biggie and pac, miles and coltrane, elvis and frank sinatra
atsmile.gif

i guess i only know when i have the money for this speaker.

seeing them perform is cheap!
shoot yourself, but do it soon though...
you won't wanna miss Michael Jackson's first tour now would you?
tongue_smile.gif
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #36 of 37
Old thread, but since it was bumped, I thought I'd chime in on the "hire musicians" topic....

why do more wealthy audiophile not purchase player pianos?  seems that for WAY less than the cost of most high-end systems, you could get a 10k piano with rolls recorded by master pianists!  once I have a house, I may consider doing this

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #37 of 37

Quote:
Old thread, but since it was bumped, I thought I'd chime in on the "hire musicians" topic....

why do more wealthy audiophile not purchase player pianos?  seems that for WAY less than the cost of most high-end systems, you could get a 10k piano with rolls recorded by master pianists!  once I have a house, I may consider doing this

My brother had both a ultra 200K high end system and a Yamaha Grand Player piano which really sound beautiful when he lets it go. Hell its live cant be bettered but you do miss the rest of the orchestra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back