That new Grado smell...
Feb 4, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 44
I know that smell! I know it! It's like a new sweater, at least that's what my brain tells me. If I remember right, I got a new sweater that really had that smell especially when I built up static in the fabric. Really weird, but worth mentioning. Perhaps I need to infiltrate the Grado Labs buillding to find out where they get the magic gnome sweat to get that aromatic scent? My codename for that stealth espionage mission: Sniffer Weasel!

Too funny. I love my MGS refrences. Too bad I don't write fanfiction(not to say I couldn't).
Late,
Abe

Feb 4, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
I know that smell! I know it! It's like a new sweater, at least that's what my brain tells me. If I remember right, I got a new sweater that really had that smell especially when I built up static in the fabric. Really weird, but worth mentioning. Perhaps I need to infiltrate the Grado Labs buillding to find out where they get the magic gnome sweat to get that aromatic scent? My codename for that stealth espionage mission: Sniffer Weasel!

Too funny. I love my MGS refrences. Too bad I don't write fanfiction(not to say I couldn't).
Late,
Abe

mine smelled like body odor.

Feb 4, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #19 of 44
I think that cohabiting them with a fabric softener sheet might do the trick...
blink.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
In fact, I sent them in to Grado under warranty, because the smell wouldnt leave after 2 weeks, and Grado told me that was abnormal. I was so repulsed by the odor, I threw away my brand new $35 todds flats that were used on them. Thats how disgusted I was.

... smelled like body odor...

LOL!
rs1smile.gif
lambda.gif

That's just too funny, man.

Feb 5, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
I felt the same way about my AKG K217 Studio headphones out of the box. A few days after use, it started smelling like my hair - that's a good smell
tongue.gif

seek help seriously.
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
I felt the same way about my AKG K217 Studio headphones out of the box. A few days after use, it started smelling like my hair - that's a good smell
tongue.gif

Carly Simon said it right: "You're so vain"

Feb 5, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #26 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
seek help seriously.
tongue.gif

Seriously! My shampoo has smelled great lately!
tongue.gif

Have you received those Grados yet from me? You'll find they will probably still have the smell in the box
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The Grado smell, I mean - not the hair smell!!
biggrin.gif
I used a different shampoo back then...
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #27 of 44
Hey, RnB180-
I dunno. When my Grado's were new a year and half ago, I would have killed to have my BO smell like that, IMO (or IMFHOOHFIFHKMFMO if you like to make fun of people who can't spell out words that don't necessarily need abbreviation).
The box still smells like that. Lucky me!
tongue.gif

Here's a joke from the now departed Sifl & Olly:
"Hey! I've started drinking aftershave and I don't know if it's working."
"Working? Why would you drink aftershave?"
"To sweat it."
"Huh?"
"It's not really working out too well, but my pee's really sporty though."

Funny.
biggrin.gif

Late,
Abe

Feb 5, 2005 at 8:59 AM Post #28 of 44
I think God is smiling on me,

Grado is replacing my old pair of sr-80s

and since then I threw away my flats (which had no slits),

I was no way going to pay another $35 for a set of flats for my repaired Grados, that would cost almost as much as the sr-80s themselves

that would mean $70 for one pair of usable flats.. God smiled upon me, and Todd offered me a new pair of flats (because my original flats were incomplete shall we say because mine looked like comfies with a quarter mod and no slits) He said he would send me a properly cut slitted pair of flats, and I could keep the slitless pair as a souvenier.. but I no longer have those :p.

If all works out, I will actually be able to enjoy my new grados with flats again! I still have to receive a response from Todd, to make sure that the replacement flats will be sent free of charge.

wish me luck! I was sad to think that Id have to settle with the bowls.

I was really sad a week ago, because I thought I was getting a good deal from Goodcans, $95 shipped for supposedly new grado sr-80's, but after everything the grados cost me another $6-7 dollars to ship back to Grado under warranty, and a pair of $35 slitless flats (thrown out)... In the end I actually paid almost $140 for sr-80s
rolleyes.gif

It seemed that everything with my Grado purchase was cursed, smelly used Grados, paying for extra shipping, and flats that were not cut properly..Got my mini moy amp with wrong interconnect(sent it back for replacement.. my stock muvo earbuds broke.. my sony ear buds broke.. my e2cs have been delatyed due to the week end (paid for 2 day shipping turns out to take 5 days to ship) I was getting so dissapointed with my experience.

so right now, I have a mini moy amp, no earphones, no headphones, no interconnect and no flats... $400+ later and I have a happy amp, and a muvo with nothing to use it with.

I like flipping the switch on my amp on and off and looking at the pretty blue light though!
eggosmile.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 9:21 AM Post #29 of 44
bad dea, bro. Hope your luck improves(I wish mine would with the ladies, among other matters
rolleyes.gif
)

Late,
Abe

!stcudorp yllo & lfis yub -.S.P

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #30 of 44
Something's wrong with you, RnB180. You make a big bitch about something that doesn't matter at all, and make an incredible business man send you another pair, for no reason at all! You are taking advantage of a guy who is so nice and so reasonable to others.

You THREW them out, the possibly stupidest thing you could have done.

Were you looking for some way to be able to bash upon Todd and Grado, at the same time, in a completely irrelivent thread? If so, you've succeeded.

You are very wrong to accuse everybody like you are. Sending back Grados for their smell? Sending back a pair of flats because they don't have the useless slits in them?? Making a whole public ordeal of the entire matter to try to embarass the retailers because you have nothing better to do?! Earbuds break, deal with it! They're cheap. Things get delayed, deal with it! If you paid for 2-day shipping then it's going to get to you in two days or less by ship time. Deal with it! What do you want, the entire world to stop for you to get your instant gratification!?

It's your fault for throwing money out the window.

Sorry, but I've been holding this in for too long, and I've read all of your stupid posts and wanted to squeeze something until it exploded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back