That Darn Bird...
Jun 4, 2003 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
Man...

I have this bird that started attacking my front window about a week ago...constantly flying up and down-then butting it's head into the glass above my front door. Now, for the past five days, the bird has gone around to the back of my abode and is ramming it's head into the window above my my media room.

I've decided that this deranged fowl wants both my Stax system and some of my better recordings.

You think I'm kidding, but this is Alfred Hitchcock out the ass...

This bird is making my life extra funky...

eek.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 27
call up all your relatives and friends.

one may have passed away recently.

the bird spirit whats to say good bye.

sit with the bird outside and give him an offering.

or he may be trying to warn you.

Jun 4, 2003 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 27
You filled the birdbath w/ beer, didn't you?

Jun 4, 2003 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 27
I think Joelongwood trained him to go and fetch nice equipment like your Stax stuff. I wouldn't put it past him to do so.
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 27
better carry an umbrella outside.... it may want to crap on you
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 27
I had a bird who liked to stand on my truck door and look in the mirror. Everyday that SOB would **** all over my door and hood, so I had to put an end to it. Needless to say, he won't be down for breakfast anymore.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Shotgun time!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Screw the shotgun. Just go straight for the dynamite. Strap it to the bird and watch the feathers fly.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just kidding.

Jun 4, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #9 of 27
How's about taping a black silouette of a hawk to your windows? I don't know how well this works, but I've noticed that a lot of storefronts do this.
confused.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 27
I agree with Wallijonn. Go talk to the bird. If it turns out that it is just a derrainged bird, string up some kind of netting to catch it in.
Don't shoot it.

Jun 4, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #11 of 27
The farmer who works a couple of fields up the road from me ties dead crows to stakes, and randomly places them through his fields to deter the crows from eating his corn. I don't see to many crows around here this time of year. Hmmmm....this cat has been hanging around my house, teasing my dogs.....
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 12:16 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Man...

I have this bird that started attacking my front window about a week ago...constantly flying up and down-then butting it's head into the glass above my front door. Now, for the past five days, the bird has gone around to the back of my abode and is ramming it's head into the window above my my media room.

I've decided that this deranged fowl wants both my Stax system and some of my better recordings.

You think I'm kidding, but this is Alfred Hitchcock out the ass...

This bird is making my life extra funky...

eek.gif

What kind of bird is it? If its a corvidae it could be atracted to something shiny inside your house.

Jun 4, 2003 at 4:11 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Shotgun time!
very_evil_smiley.gif

No shotgun, lets make this interesting and challenging. Get a sling shot and some marbles. Enjoy!
-Mag

Jun 4, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #15 of 27
I don't know too much about bird anatomy, but I know (not from personal experience) that if you feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda that its stomach explodes
very_evil_smiley.gif

So... leave it some baking soda in the bird bath... might just get lucky
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back