Thanksgiving 2008 thread
Nov 27, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #16 of 21
I'll be making Thanksgiving dinner (I've already got the turkey stock I'll use for the dressing and in the gravy simmering away - good stock is the key to good dressing. And I do make a pretty mean dressing - my wife lives for Thanksgiving, since I only make it once a year.) We've got a whole turkey breast from a local farm, (we like white meat). No big dinner planned for a change, since most of our families are out of state/country this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first US Thanksgiving was in the fall of 1983. My research methods prof invited me over for dinner as he knew that I was rather new to the country (I am a Canuck). The most astonishing thing about the meal (traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings) was that his 4 kids put mustard on turkey (the parents were anti-ketchup). I had a terrific time.

My favourite Thanksgiving was in Paris, France in 1987. I was one of the principle cooks and it turned into an apple pie baking contest. The Canuck vs. the Swede. The Swede's apple pie was light, delicate, exquisite. Mine was American truck stop heart-attack lard crust 7 pound apple pie. I think my pie was the winner, but I'm not sure as the judges ate a piece of each and then promptly passed out from over eating. As the Swede and I were also judges, we ate a piece of each and also collapsed on the floor in a coma from too much food.

That's good stuff.

Funny, I'm in the mist of a selling a rather expensive item to a Canuck (Montreal). He's sending me a wire transfer. I spoke to him today; he tells me he'll send the money tomorrow. I told him that it may not post to my account 'till Friday because tomorrow is Thanksgiving day. His reply? I'm sorry, but it was a pure Canadian "OH YEA, EH?"

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #18 of 21
And a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #19 of 21
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #20 of 21
Thank you all for making this forum what it is.

Thank you mods for being flexible and participating to maintain decorum instead of doing what you want to do.

Thank you Jude for having the desire and commitment to bring a group such as this together. The spirit and fun this place brings is priceless.

Thank you "They which can not be mentioned" for blessing me with surviving another year to be thankful for and a little work.

Thinking of you today Omahem and any members who are in need or pain.

David

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #21 of 21
Did anyone else get Rick Roll'd on national TV harder then when Brian did it on Family Guy? By the man himself, no less.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back