Thanks Tyll, from HeadRoom!
Apr 5, 2010 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

Travis

Premier Sponsor HeadRoom
Dear Head-Fi’ers

Without waxing too philosophical, let me first say that life brings change to all of us. Many of you know that HeadRoom has been through some changes in the last year and continues to evolve as a business. I came on board as CEO, we launched a new website, we've had changes to the team, etc. etc. Head-Fi has meant a lot to HeadRoom and so we try to keep you in the loop as to how we evolve.

Tyll Hertsens is now moving on from HeadRoom and is very excited to start on a new path. We’re happy for him and will actually still be working with and seeing Tyll often—Bozeman makes that easy. He will also maintain a significant presence in the headphone hobby community. You’ll of course hear more from the man himself in the very near future
smile.gif

We get to say thanks to Tyll in person and hope you’ll join us here (or elsewhere!) in wishing Tyll well and thanking him for everything he has done for HeadRoom over the years and for the headphone hobby and industry. Tyll is truly a pioneer and has given much of himself to the cause.

Thanks Tyll!

Sincerely,
Travis

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 61
Wow, big news. I, as am sure are many others, will be interested to find out what his future ventures will be.

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without waxing too philosophical,

Ruh roh! I might have a hard time following your lead, Travis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis
Tyll Hertsens is now moving on from HeadRoom and is very excited to start on a new path. We’re happy for him and will actually still be working with and seeing Tyll often—Bozeman makes that easy. He will also maintain a significant presence in the headphone hobby community. You’ll of course hear more from the man himself in the very near future
smile.gif

Indeed! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to keep my mouth shut for six months or so while I prepare, so it'll be a bit of a secret for a while. Suffice it to say that what Travis hints at above is that I'm setting up a lab in my home with the headphone measurement gear, and will be measuring cans from HeadRoom as they require.

Quote:

Tyll is truly a pioneer and has given much of himself to the cause.

Suffice it to say, I've always had two jobs at HeadRoom: one growing the fish (HeadRoom), and one growing the pond (the headphone hobby). Now I'll just have the one.
mwink.gif

Quote:

Thanks Tyll!

You're welcome, mate. I'm glad to know HeadRoom is in good hands as I move on to my next adventure.

wave.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 61
Tyll, I, for one, just want to thank you for everything that you've done in and for this hobby. My introduction to headphone amps, iems, and even my discovery of head-fi, all came through headroom. I would not have made the good friends I have now nor owned the wonderful rigs I do if not for your vision, efforts and contributions. Thanks. Hope to still see you around.

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 61
Spot on, as usual, Boo. Thank you, Tyll, for all you have done--and I am sure as you will continue to do--for the hobby. And for building a business that caters to this community without pandering to it or exploiting it.

Travis, as I'm sure you know, you have some rather large shoes and, er, Hawaiian shirts to fill. I wish HeadRoom the best of luck moving forward, and I look forward to Tyll's next act.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 61
The end of an era! Thanks Tyll and all the best in your future endeavours!

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 61
Thanks Tyll. Knowing what you've meant to the hobby so far I'm very much looking forward to what you have planned for the future.

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #13 of 61
Tyll,

Thank you for founding HeadRoom which has provided such a cool opportunity for me. I've learned a ton working with you and look forward to seeing what you do with your new projects. I'm sure it will be good for a lot of people around here. I'm know we'll still see each other often in person as well as on head-fi. I'll be expecting your honest input on our next batch of HeadRoom gear, not that you would give anything less. I've had a great time dreaming up audio widgets with you Tyll. Thank you so much man!

Cheers,
Jamey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back