TH-600 by Fostex or ori by ZMF
Aug 8, 2018 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Adelfaidah

New Head-Fier
i have always wanted to buy a planar magnetic headphone and i think i am ready to commit did some research and these two caught my eye (TH-610 and ORI) anyone had the chance to try them and give me feedback ? cons, pros and am open to any other suggestions as im mainly looking for a good sub bass headphone without sacrificing too much of the mids/highs.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 6
The TH600 by Fostex is not a planar driver and can’t be purchased new anymore. TH610 is the current model.

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 6
ZMF Ori by a landslide for me. Didn't care for the V-shaped sound signature of the TH600. Mids felt sucked out greatly. Also liked the bass on the Ori's way way better. It's more detailed and goes lower, the sub bass is the best I've heard in any headphone. ZMF Ori is really great. Highs of the Ori are a a bit rolled off, so that's something you need to like. Personally I dig it, it gives a romantic feel to the sound and it's fatigue free. The TH600 on the other hand is fatiguing.

Just my two cents, hope this helps you.

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #6 of 6
Well I agree with the comments here, I found the Ori far superior to the TH-600 in every way but haven't used the 610. I also think the TH-900 sounds awful, such V shaped sound can't be taken seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back