Tf10 with what amp? Pico? Mustang? Preddy? Other stuff?
Dec 27, 2009 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Epicality

New Head-Fier
Hi experienced audiophiles! So i recently got a tf10 and i want to amp it though it already sounds great. First off, i placed a preorder for pico slim and since i dunno how it sounds like, im gna use pico as a base comparison. I would like to state that i havent tried tf10 with ANY amp at all.

Basically, i heard pico, shadow, mustang with esw9 before and it sounds fantastic. Since tf10 are different stuff, does it sound great with any of these? Or what would it synergize best with? I hope answers here can be specific to amps, and i need to know about tf10 with pico or mustang as top priority. Thanks a lot guys.

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 20
a fiio e5 is your least expensive choice= works great! i dont really use the bass boost as tf doesn't need any more bass.cmoy's/cmoybb v2's are very cheap and work well. i have just switched to an amp from fred fred2004 a texas instruments tpa6111a2 rechargeable this works much better and still a very reasonable price. get a lod cable too!

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by teds headfood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a fiio e5 is your least expensive choice= works great! i dont really use the bass boost as tf doesn't need any more bass.cmoy's/cmoybb v2's are very cheap and work well. i have just switched to an amp from fred fred2004 a texas instruments tpa6111a2 rechargeable this works much better and still a very reasonable price. get a lod cable too!

rolleyes.gif

That's not very helpful. The OP is looking at much more expensive, better sounding amps that are in another league entirely. Why you would suggest a Cmoy or E5 is beyond me. And as far as a LOD cable, you have no idea what player he is using, let around whether or not it has a line out at all.

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 20
My personal experience would say that the TF10 doesn't need an amp at all.
I've borrowed a friend's CORDA 3MOVE from Meier-audio and I didn't notice any difference at all.
tried with normal mode and also using meier's embedded cross feed. nothing.
In my case, I'm using a Sansa Fuze to drive the TF10's.

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 20
I've tried them with a Predator, UHA 3 and Graham Slee Voyager and they've always sounded over-driven by amps to me. They don't really need one unless you like a much more in-your-face sound.

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #7 of 20
I vote no amp, they are fine out of every iPod and iPhone I've owned. Amps like the Pico slim are aimed at IEMs such as the JH-13s which benefit from amping, not regular IEMs which are designed to work well with a regular iPod or the like.

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #8 of 20
I like a much more in-your-face sound.
My iPod Touch does not power the TF-10 to my satisfaction at all.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 20
I find they don't need an amp, but my RSA Hornet really brings out and tightens up the bass. Funny, I'm actually listening to this combo as I read your post.

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #11 of 20
Hmm yes i read many reviews and many opinions saying they dun require amping. But im gna get an amp anyway because shld i have future purchases of other phones, the amp would be put to good use too. Anyway, im using ipod touch 2nd gen and i alrdy have a cryo copper LOD.
What i currently want frm amping is a tighter bass, more forward mids, smoother highs, and perhaps warmer sound. Im very much inclined to warm sounds after having ownedte esw9 for a month.
Also, pls do not suggest reshelling and adding a driver cos i still wanna be able to share my music with friends. Thanks

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif

That's not very helpful. The OP is looking at much more expensive, better sounding amps that are in another league entirely. Why you would suggest a Cmoy or E5 is beyond me. And as far as a LOD cable, you have no idea what player he is using, let around whether or not it has a line out at all.

Ah my same exact opinions, it seems as if he's doing advertising. Anyway as i said, i have ipod touch 2nd gen with a cryo copper lod. Hmm since everyone says it doesnt need amp, what if i must have an amp? What would be good then?

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 20
you know you can get your answers easily - by heading down to a certain store ;D

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #14 of 20
You know you can easily get an ear infection by sharing IEM's with friends. (or even switching IEM's from your own right and left ears)

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know you can easily get an ear infection by sharing IEM's with friends. (or even switching IEM's from your own right and left ears)

you can also get HIV and 1000 other STD's by having sex... and that have never stopped anybody...
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back